DIY Ribbon Headphones

Ok, I'll try to build the same "reversal ribbon mic" as well to see how it work in the reality. Fortunately, it is extremely simple construction and I just bought high-res DLP 3D printer, any shape of neodymium magnets are available too. By the way, for my own ribbon mic, I used an aluminum foil from a chocolate bar, which was formed and next thinned with NaOH solution to few um thickness.

No, you're wrong. In fact, you need a real aluminum foil from the capacitor KBG thickness of 10 microns, it will work. Transparent film from chocolate does not work, the driver on this film is very quiet, and not at all durable, believe me. I have experience in this. And besides, according to my method, working drivers for headphones were assembled by at least 10 people or more. And everyone is happy with the result. Here is another photo of the person who took the measurements. I hope he does not mind that I showed him the photo.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

And finally, I decided to give up the idea to try it in the real world, I just found your topic in russian forum where you are not so optimistic but more honest as I guess, and you saying that ribbon isn't reliable at all, need to replace it continuously )) 100% as I expected in my first posts here ;)

Nothing lasts forever under the moon, you wanted to hear a cool sound and abandoned it without recognizing it, I'm sorry ...

very interesting design with the flexible foil!

I need to 'fix / rebuild' my Hifiman 400s with new / other foil because they do not play anymore. It's a round planar... so maybe this foil is an option to use...?

For the default foil in the Hifiman 400s they use mylar with alu ribbon wire on it. But I want it to be more flexible like this design....