OPA1622/VSON10 breakout board layout

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is my version.

I putted it in my dac output stage act as a buffer. It sounds natural and good bass with layer and good mid and treble.

It is worth to have a try.

Attachments

• 20170718_005849.jpg
    20170718_005849.jpg
    883.9 KB · Views: 374
I know that there are many assembled OPA1622 adapters offered on ebay these days, so I am wondering if there is still interest in adapters offered here?

I am asking because over the past couple of months several people asked me in PMs for assembled OPA1622 adapters. Unfortunately I could not find the time to assemble the adapters and my free time situation may not improve in the near future. On the other hand it seams that the requested amount of adapters may be sufficient for a small group buy. Therefore I would like to ask if someone would want to take the lead and organize such a group buy. Ideally a temperature controlled reflow oven is needed for easy assembly of many adapters at once, so if someone in possession of such would be happy to help the diy community it would be great. I can offer my help with design modification if requested and panelized adapters manufacturing with dedicated stencil for easy assembly.

Also, if decent size group buy is organized the assembly can be done by a specialized fab and thus ensure better and more consistent performance then achievable by diy soldering. The end price per adapter can be reasonable too.

So, if anybody is interested in the assembled OPA1622 adapter or wants to help organize a group buy please register your interest here.

Regards,
Oleg

Oleg, it might be worth mentioning this over on Iancanada's latest dac stack thread as the reccomended part for the IV stage is the opa1622 and each stack needs three of them, and there's 200 people bought into the group buy. Having the version with the gnd connection exposed on the top of the pcb might be a bit of a winner.

IanCanada's Latest RPi GB Goodies Impressions... and your tweaks, mods and hints...

Hi Simon,

I had a quick look at the IV stage PCB design by IanCanada and I see no possibility to use the GND pin on my OPA1622 adapter effectively. To use it properly the GND connection to the IV stage PCB should be as short as possible but I see no exposed GND pins in the vicinity of the IC sockets. Also, IanCanada already offers his own OPA1622 adapters.

Anyway, you can mention my design in that thread and if there is interest I'll be happy to contribute.

Regards,
Oleg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.