Help with bass amp for headphones for study purposes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey, guys. I'm new here and I didn't know quite well where to post this.
There was a session for Class D, Chip amps, Solid state...

Well, I'm an electronics student here in Brazil and I want to build a bass amp made for using with headphones to study at home or play anywhere with the help of batteries. It's for my course conclusion project.

The fact is that I realized that is kind of difficult to do something like this, but at this moment I can't go back anymore.

Could anyone help me with basic guidelines?

I need a bass amp (simpliest possibe) runing on 9V batteries (maybe two).
I did research and found out that the most common earphones out there are 16 to 32ohm, so that's what I'm aiming for.
Any suggestion where to start?

Thanks in advance.

Depends on what you want. If you truly want the simplest possibly design, such as only with a simple volume control, then you can just build a headphone amp using a single opamp and fed from a 9V battery. It will handle bass well. There are countless designs out there you can use, just make sure it suited for a guitar or bass, for example with a FET input opamp.

The real question is if you want more than just volume control. Do you want tone controls? Do you want to add distortion? Any other bass amp controls/features you are looking for?

The simplest. Maybe a passive tone control would fit well; it would come in handy when your earphone can't handle too much bass.

That being said, my idea is to make a cheap alternative to those looking for a study equipment. That's why I want to match my amp with the most common earphones in the market.
I thought about adding an auxiliar input, but that's another story. First I need to get the amplification done.

I'll start lookin into your possibilities. Thanks. :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.