Headphones with dual jack, reduced volume

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently built a pair of headphones and added an audio jack input to both the cans, for convenience of connecting.

That would also serve another purpose of letting my girlfriend hear the same music without me having to take off the headphone.

But the problem I noticed is that the volume gets reduced. Now this is primarily because its getting connected in parallel, so is there any way to subdue the problem.

Thanks.

Yup. Usually headphone amps with two output jacks use individual series resistors for both, in order to circumvent this very problem.

It would also seem that output impedance on this particular phone may be a bit high. Lesser ones may well sport as much as 47 ohms, while the multi-driver BA in-ear crowd tends to be after models with a few ohms at best, or sub-ohm in some cases. Unfortunately one model phone often exists in multiple versions depending on region or features like LTE, and those may well be different.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.