Any DIY/Upgrade Components Ideas for Bravo Audio V2 12AU7 HeadAmp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just got the Bravo Audio from eBay for $66. It sounds much better then the price might suggest. I noticed that the caps, resistors & the tube itself are all on the cheap side. It looks like it can be easily DIY replaced with better parts. Does anybody has any ideas?

The main reservoir capacitor is a Rubycon 6800uf, 25V. The output capacitors are no-name 1000uf, 25V. The tube is Shu Guang 12AU7.

Specs: Gain: 30dB; Frequency: 10Hz-60kHz +/- 0.25dB; S/N: >90dB. Input Sensitivity: 100mV; Input Impedance: 100KOhm
Output Impedance: 20~600 Ohm. Dynamic range: 84.6dBA @ 300 ohm, 89.8dBA @ 33 ohms. THD: 0.016% @ 300 ohms, 0.45% THD @ 33 ohms. 24v Power supply. By the way it looks really nice in the dark :)
Happy DIY & Listening, Ray.

Attachments

• Bravo V2 Lights.jpg
    Bravo V2 Lights.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 495
Last edited:
Thank You for good ideas - JustFJ

You gave me some good ideas JustFJ, thank you very much.

By any chance, do you know if I have to do anything else after I change the Tube? Because this little Bravo Audio V2 12AU7 does not have any bias adjustments. I know that most Tube gear has some adjustment to make the voltage perfect, and I think it also makes the Tube live longer.

As far as i knew, the space on pcb this amp is very tight and the pcb copper trace is also thin ( very easy tear) so you need extra careful when you desoldering and change any parts coz i have it a while ago. You can install bias potentiometer on it but it will require space. For me, i dont want to touch(replace/change) too much on it since the trace are too thin. Also i found before, i tried to use Mazda 12ax7 tube on this amp and the sound is perfect detail and have extra gain.

Interesting - Mazda makes nice Cars and Nice Tubes

As far as i knew, the space on pcb this amp is very tight and the pcb copper trace is also thin ( very easy tear) so you need extra careful when you desoldering and change any parts coz i have it a while ago. You can install bias potentiometer on it but it will require space. For me, i dont want to touch(replace/change) too much on it since the trace are too thin. Also i found before, i tried to use Mazda 12ax7 tube on this amp and the sound is perfect detail and have extra gain.

Thanks - Dry Joint,
For the Rock gratto trend they really took this little amp seriously. It kept me reading plenty time. Cheers & God Save The Queen.
By the way check this (picture) out guys:

In raw terms the most expensive power amp HigherFi offers the Opera One goes for a discounted price of only $490,000 and for those who can afford and wants the best of the best for their music.

Attachments

• opera1-open.jpg
    opera1-open.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 460
  • opera1-powersupply.jpg
    opera1-powersupply.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 445
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.