Marsh headphone amp from Linear Audio

Joined 2011
Paid Member
(And in the Appendix of my Linear Audio v.10 article, I offered equations and data showing that it's safest to set the ratio (C18/C19) >= 15). As you woulld imagine, soft copy download is not free; Jan D. charges €2,99 at the webstore.

_

Attachments

• hsosmdnshssdfkas.png
    hsosmdnshssdfkas.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 505
Disabled Account
Joined 2012
The suggestions came after their layout. But they can change it fast anyway... thats just prototype.

NO! They didn't include HP Comp. :-( Maybe we should do it ourselves?

Shortly afterwards several people started playing with the idea and now there are some headphones that do it, I believe, semi-automatically.

I am listening with Senn. HD-800 phones now and they are 300 Ohm. These phones are really excellent.

-Richard

Last edited:
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Let's see, 5 MHz bandwidth at a gain of 4X (12 dB), is a GBW product of 20 MHz. Almost as good as the FET input opamps Jan Didden used in his 1995 Super Regulator, the AD817 (GBW= 50 MHz) and the AD825 (GBW= 41 MHz). We need to remember that the ICs are voltage feedback amplifiers but the headphone amp is a current feedback amplifier.

These chips cost about five dollars each if you pay extra for thru-hole packaging: Mouser link

_

Last edited: