Marsh headphone amp from Linear Audio

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
I've attached the article from Audio Amateur 3/80. It's a full function preamp including phono stage and line stage. The line stage is the predecessor to the headphone amp.
---Gary

There was an upgrade version of line level amp some years later. I will try to find it. I gave away the circuit and one DIYer built it and published... also in TAA.

THx-RNMarsh

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
I am in Mexico now and some where a few hours flight south of Mexico city in old town. Hot and humid. Big deal here as it was the country independance day from spain. Be back in a week or so.

Any new listening results?

A business in Thailand wants to build it commerciallly and sell it world wide in a few months. Dont know what cost will be but more than DIY is certain.

-Richard

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
There are many good power supplies now. But few say why they are good... just do a version of someone's ideas.

I attempted by the mid 1980's to explain the why as well as introduce a better topology for audio apps. First published in 1983 in TAA called Power Up. An overview of power supply considerations. Then followed by specific topology for best performance regulator topology in 1988 titled Push-Pull Shunt Reg from work during 1986.

One of the better recent versions was also by Borbely in Feb 2008 AudioExpress.

Push-Pull Shunt regulators are my preferred for the HPA.

THx-RNMarsh

Last edited: