USB powered DAC + Amp Recommendations

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Now that I have three kids, listening to my full stereo system is very hard since my only free time is when they are sleeping. I am looking to build/kit a USB powered DAC/Amp combo. This would be a purpose built unit so I only need a powered USB input and 1/8" headphone jack output. I would prefer to use my Mac Air as the volume control so it does even need to have a volume control.

Are there some good projects and/or kits that people can recommend?

Thanks for your input and thoughts.

The only combo that I´m aware that is rolling recently is the O2 amp + ODAC, project developed by RocketScientist. You can fin the thread about the amp in this headphone section.

Note that the DAC part of it is under development though.

AFAIK there are some combos in the market but the decent ones tend to be kind of expensive.

I´m in the same shoes that you are and I already built the O2 amp and waiting for the Dac itself.

Some others might have other recommendations.

Cheers!

Now that I have three kids, listening to my full stereo system is very hard since my only free time is when they are sleeping. I am looking to build/kit a USB powered DAC/Amp combo. This would be a purpose built unit so I only need a powered USB input and 1/8" headphone jack output. I would prefer to use my Mac Air as the volume control so it does even need to have a volume control.

Are there some good projects and/or kits that people can recommend?

Thanks for your input and thoughts.

we have developed one new USB powered DAC+HEADPHONE AMP board, USB powered DAC and AMP,DAC chip is PCM2900, Headphone amp is TPA6120a2, we are processing all test now, it will available to market next month.

By the way , we developed one cheaper version of this, USB powered DAC+NE5532 .

BOard size :95mm(L)X30mm(W)X15mm(H)

Attachments

• DSCF3051800600.jpg
    DSCF3051800600.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 217
  • DSCF3049800600.jpg
    DSCF3049800600.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 204
  • DSCF3050800600.jpg
    DSCF3050800600.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 197
  • DSCF3056800600.jpg
    DSCF3056800600.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.