Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Headphone Systems Everything to do with Headphones

RJM Audio Sapphire Desktop Headphone Amplifier
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th January 2019, 04:12 AM   #1461
rjm is offline rjm  Japan
Richard Murdey
diyAudio Member

What impedance of the dt990, 250 ohms?

Open loop or closed loop Sapphire? What gain and bias current?

I have used K702 with my Sapphire with no obvious issues, though it was an earlier variant of the circuit the output drive characteristics haven't really changed much.
Old 13th January 2019, 02:45 PM   #1462
blackdod is offline blackdod  Europe
diyAudio Member

No issues with my K701 or DT990 (600 Ohms). You need to turn up the volume but nothing alarming
Old 14th January 2019, 12:49 AM   #1463
khuongtran is offline khuongtran
diyAudio Member

Hi, I managed to detect the problem, it is due to bad quality switch for the gain switch that make them sound weird. I bought the better gain switch know and get the fanstastic result. I would love to know you guys opinion for upgrading the sound. Would it get good result with replacement of two input cap, right now I am using M cap Mundorf 4.7uf. Or is there anyone here experiment on changing transistor bc337 to another and better transistor.
Old 14th January 2019, 09:57 AM   #1464
rjm is offline rjm  Japan
Richard Murdey
diyAudio Member

I really don't think you need to mess around with it further. The Mundorfs are already very good, and frankly a transistor is a transistor. The only think you may want to experiment with is the closed loop vs open loop choice.

RJM Audio Sapphire Desktop Headphone AmplifierHide this!Advertise here!