Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Headphone Systems Everything to do with Headphones

"The Wire" Ultra-High Performance Headphone Amplifier - PCB's
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th June 2019, 01:10 PM   #2691
snax is offline snax  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

PM'ed
Old 12th June 2019, 01:32 PM   #2692
Malvin is online now Malvin  United States
diyAudio Member

PM'ed
Old 6th August 2019, 10:06 PM   #2693
Fsatsil is offline Fsatsil  United States
diyAudio Member

Ive been using my Wire for years without any issues until today. The amp hasn’t been used in a few months and I plugged it in today to listen to my HD600s and I got very distorted sound. I quickly unplugged my HD600s and shut the amp off, I checked the power supply voltage and sure enough I lost the negative rail. I remember reading a while back that someone had some power supply capacitors go bad on their amp. Does anyone recall or has anyone had a similar power supply failure? I’m going to pull the psu board this weekend to investigate further I was just wondering if anyone else had a similar problem?
Old 9th August 2019, 09:57 PM   #2694
spikestabber is offline spikestabber  Canada
diyAudio Member

Just have to say mine is still going strong and sounds as good as ever. I too run +/- 15V and also suspect I will have to swap those caps with something higher rated at some point. I've recently attached a relay based lineout/headphone switch + muting combo which turned out great in that it eliminated excess cabling.

DIY Soekris dam1021 dual-mono fully-balanced DAC with headphone amplifier (final) - Album on Imgur
Old 21st September 2019, 03:26 PM   #2695
eimis is offline eimis  Lithuania
diyAudio Member

still got some of these boards if anyone's interested
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_9320.jpg (680.6 KB, 124 views)
Old 21st September 2019, 04:08 PM   #2696
mwmkravchenko is offline mwmkravchenko  Canada
Mark Kravchenko
diyAudio Member

I'll have to get a few boxes and get these shipped out.

"The Wire" Ultra-High Performance Headphone Amplifier - PCB'sHide this!Advertise here!