Rebuilding Koss "High velocity" HPs'

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an old pair of RatShack LV-10 Headphones made by Koss.....your all probably familiar with them..the ones with the 'on the ear' foam rings.
As it happens the foam wore off & has been replaced half dozen times, now the structure is getting all busted up.
Point is the drivers are fine & I thought.....couldn't I place the drivers into a new structure as in a pair of "muffs" over the ear hearing protectors???
Any input or ideas would be welcome!

__________________________________________________________Rick....

I have bought replacement parts directly from koss (shack phones) maybe the housings are still available. Koss.com I think, have online ordering...I found them with google god knows what i was looking for when I tripped over their website.

Elwood

I have several pairs of Koss HV/1LC headphones, all with the same problem as yours. In the past I have purchased the Radio Shack version of my headphones (But w/o the Level Control). Then I transfer the Level Control to the new phones. Last time I checked, Radio Shack no longer sells these headphones.

I'll try Koss Tech. Support.

If they can't help, Does anybody have any idea on how to make foam ear pads?

MLStrand56

I have several pairs of Koss HV/1LC headphones, all with the same problem as yours. In the past I have purchased the Radio Shack version of my headphones (But w/o the Level Control). Then I transfer the Level Control to the new phones. Last time I checked, Radio Shack no longer sells these headphones.

I'll try Koss Tech. Support.

If they can't help, Does anybody have any idea on how to make foam ear pads?

MLStrand56
MLStrand56, I know this is a 6 year old post but do you have any extra HV/1LC drivers. I have a nice pair with one bad driver. Thanks, Warren

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.