any advice on how to match a headphone level output to valve amp input levels?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
basically i have a single channel valve amp and i would like to use my pedal board with it to enable me to change 'channels' or FX.

The trouble is that the pedal output is a headphone level with volume pot, and i have to wind this right down to get a clean sound as the output is way too high. Only if i do this, the sound becomes very thin, and in fact the amp sounds way better on its own.

Now as the pedal board and amp are both very good IMO i would love to be able to use both together as seperately they sound great (DM signature 120 valve head, and vox tonelab se).

Im an electronic kinda guy so i have no trouble making something to go between pedal and amp input. I have considered using just a resistor to lower the output level of the pedal to the input level of the amp, but i dont know if this will do alot to change the sound. I think there is an issue with the impedance matching between the two. so would i be better off trying to match with a small signal tranformer? ARGH!!! hummmmmmmmmmmm....interference.........

ANYONE? please save me from the white jacketed mental health nurse trying to lure me into the rubber wallpapered room!!!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.