Search good performance HEADPHONE TRANSFORMER

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I guess you are looking for an SE transformer...
Jack Elliano at Electraprint will wind you one (I am quoting dsavitsk here...;) ), and according to dsavitsk they also sound very good. Lundahls should be worth their money also...

I am currently using Hammond 119DA line matching transformers in my Aikido parafeed headphone amp. They really surprised me in how good they sound for the money.

Even though this is a 7 year old thread, I found something relevant to add. I hadn't seen this before, maybe it's new, but Edcor makes an interesting looking version of its 10 watt single-ended OPT with an 8k primary and 50 ohm secondary. That should be good for many headphones.

https://www.edcorusa.com/xse10-50-8k

I have no idea what the primary inductance is, though. The frequency response is claimed to be down -1dB at 70Hz. The specs for the version with 8 ohm secondary says primary DCR is 147 ohms and inductance is 4H. I don't see how that adds up, but there you have it. FYI, FWIW, YMMV, and so on.

--

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.