• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Supplier errors or stuff cheap as chips

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Due to a supplier hick up I am sitting on a couple of hundred cases and panels that can not be used for resale, at least not to my standards.

Cases and Panels in question have been produced for the O2, and are fine from a measurement perspective, surface finish is not as expected though. So what is wrong with them?

- They "forgot" to sand blast the cases. Therefore they have some extrusion marks (barely noticeable) but worse, some small indents which look like clamping marks with a metal chip in between, must be from cutting them on length or drilling the threads.
- some of the silver cases have not been deburred after drilling the threads and cutting as small metal brush fixes this easily. All the black ones I checked so far are fine in this regards.

which brings us to the Panels...

- faux pas number one, they produced them from 1.3mm sheet metal instead of 2mm one so the connectors stick out a bit.
- some show minor scratches as they are of course... not sand blasted

using two of the panels makes the connectors fit snug, but the AC plug will not snap in anymore. taking about half a millimeter of the plugs rubber insulation with a sharp knife fixes this very well.

My supplier will rerun the batch starting tomorrow. so I should have hopefully perfect ones in 2 weeks time. For now I need to get rid of this batch, and here comes your advantage:

I will sell this batch as B-Grade enclosure in my shop for below production price so I can recover the postage I need to pay for the second delivery (that does unfortunately not come for free)

you will get: 1 case, 2x blank panels in case color, 1x O2 front panel in case color as long as stock lasts for >>>6 CHF + shipping cost<<<

The rest of the Front Panels will be available for 2 CHF as long as stock lasts if you want to go for the 2 panel solution or just a different color than the case.

here pictures of two Amps I fixed in them, one silver one black using two front panels :

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

you can see the marks on the left side in above picture

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

here a single panel installed on a B2-080 case

and the un-deburred bits of the silver cases

Cases can be used for other things than O2's as well of course ;)

Stefan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.