• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

LM4562 op-amp GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The new LM4562 op-amp from has received great reviews, but are pretty hard to come by, and relatively expensive in small quantities. At Digi-Key, the DIP package is USD5.50 a piece, but drops to 3.48 in quantities of 100. Other vendors I've seen have been quite a bit higher.

I need ten of these, and would like to organize a group buy myself, but an additional 25% in Norwegian import tax makes that pretty stupid. Any Americans want to organize a GB?

Wiki page to the GB: http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.php?page=LM4562+OpAmp+GB

Spoerle/Diode Nederland : Three variants, Null available...

Supplier Supplier Part Number/Description Multiple / Avail. Quantity Price per unit*
Order Quantity
National Semiconductor LM4562HA/NOPB
Dual High Fidelity Audio Op-Amp
-40/+85C°
ROHS Available: 0
Multiple: 500
15,00 EUR
Please call
for leadtime

National Semiconductor LM4562MA/NOPB
-40/+85C°
Multiple: 95
3,81 EUR
Please call
for leadtime

National Semiconductor LM4562NA/NOPB
-40/+85C°
Multiple: 40
4,76 EUR
Please call
for leadtime

I think it's the LM4562NA that's the thing for us, it comes in the socketable 8-pin DIP package. MA is surface mounted (SOIC), and HA is the less used round metal can type.

It seems Digi-Key is still a lot cheaper (€2.80 in quantities of 100), and the prices at Spoerle is also excluding VAT. Digi-Key expects to have them in stock January 11th.

I'd like to ask Americans again, as the product price is lower over there too - €2.80 in Europe and €2.60 ($3.48) in US.

It'd surprise me if we didn't get buyers. When I think of it, I'll need at least another six for an upcoming CD player, so all in all, I'll take 15 or so myself, after getting som samples from National. Drop a few words in some UcD threads, those amps seem to benefit a lot from the 4562, and it's just a drop-in replacement.

I don't see any need to buy more than 100, or 100 DIP + 100 SOIC, unless there's demand for it. The price drop is very steep from 1 to 25 to 100, but there's only a few cents to save by going up to 500.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.