• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

LYNX Power Amplifier Board Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

This is my first post. I hope everything goes well.

I am interested in starting a LYNX amplifier main PCB group buy. Its a sturdy tried and tested class-AB design that seems to perform rather well, even when abused - at least in my tests. It is also rather 'scalable', with the capability to be reconfigured easily for a wide range of power levels - from a small 30watt amplifier(with the driver transistors acting as output transistors) to a 400 watt or more monster. For more details, visit the offical LYNX amplifier page . There are also many informative threads throughout the forum which mention this amplifier.

I am intending to use the gerber file on the page linked above for board production. The boardhouse is a local one (i.e. in Singapore) which only takes, unfortunately, massive production runs in excess of 300 pieces minimum, which is why I started this thread to begin with. Board material would be standard 1.5mm FR4 PCB 1Oz copper with plating and hot-air levelling, green solder mask and white silkscreen.

Estimated price for a 300 board production run using the above parameters works out to be approx SGD$6.00 (USD $3.60) per board, which is an extremely reasonable price in my opinion. Please note that the 'board' just refers to the main pcb, i.e. without main power transistor solder points.

Any comments?

Cheers.

i am interested, especially by the high power capability. i had considered a pair of LM4780 gainclones for 120 wpc but all i've read about that SpiKe clipping protection circuitry they've got suggests that they would be less than ideal for my purposes(i.e. loud drunken university parties :)). also, i wanted to design and build a monster power supply, which was not really part of the gainclone philosophy.

are you planning on using the basic or extended circuit?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.