• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pearl phono PCBs Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is picture from a friends boards that are ready and working perfect.
He also made a few measurements of the RIAA accuracy and the 2 channels are perfectly matched.
Resistors where 0,1% and capacitors the MKP Panasonic that where matched.

Attachments

• dsc00232.jpg
    dsc00232.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 2,219
Hi Everybody,

Suppose I have interested in it, how to make payment ? Will any other payment option to choose ? ( I need a PCB and all transistors only)

Not sure Pearl phono can be drive by battery directly ? Will it need a various modification ? Such change will bring any advantages on music play ?

CK

Pearl on batterys

Hi CK
If you seach for pearl and battery you will find a thread where Wayne (who designed pearl, Ono......) describes what changes should be made to power the pearl of batterys. I Think you still want the FET regulator on the board, but the CRCRC filter could be jumpered to a CCC filter, as I think it would be stupid to use a ripplefilter in batterys. Batterys should make less noise......but still makes noise, and should have some capacitors over the supply.
But again, check the thread for the "more qualified" answers ;-)

Cheers !
Hans

promitheus said:
I am glad you are satisfied with the parts.
I am trying to start this project but I have so little time.:bawling:
anyway I am making small progress.
Does anbody have ideas on how to make a nice enclosure.
Would be helpfull to get a few ideas.

I used a cabinet from a local company that specializes in Amateur Radio kits. They sell a small cabinet that can accomodate both boards if you turn one upside down and mount it to the top. At $60, its not bad. Model is the EC2.

Here's the URL: http://www.elecraft.com/images/EC2.jpg

They also make a smaller cabinet now (the EC1) that I'll end up putting my power supply into. Right now its in an old PC power supply cabinet and is pretty unsightly.

Cheers,

David

Unfortunatelly I did not get my parts yet. I guess it takes a while to reach Canada...

Anyway,

I have a friend that is working in a company that makes enclosure and I am currently designing a chassis for this Pearl. It will be two separates chassis. The dimensions will be 16'' W, 12'' D, 3.5'' H. I know these dimensions are a bit too much but I want to build an X2 later and it is cheaper to make many chassis at the same time. It will be all painted black steel and the faceplate will be 3/16'' aluminium. If you are interested by this chassis, please let me know and I could tell you the cost (when available).

Attachments

• chassis.jpg
    chassis.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,220
Its my fault its taking so long.
I should have sent it with airmail but they didnt tell me at the post office it takes so long.
It would have cost a lot more for airmail because the package is heavy.
I hope you aren´t mad.
Well at least you have something to wait for.

Well thanks for the offer but that would be a little big for my space here.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.