• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pearl phono PCBs Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
tomp4657 said:
Shallbehealed - How much time did you spend on the project?

I received my boards from Promitheus at the end of December.

Not counting the time spent dreaming about the project, or building the case, I'd say about 20 hours at the bench. The main issue I had was actually with an IEC outlet from Mouser that was mislabeled and spent maybe 4 hours trying to troubleshoot. It's pretty difficult to get both channels rectified correctly when ground and negative are switched.

I think the more important question was how much money. Boards, power, and components set me back almost $300 once I add up shipping and whatnot. I used the recommended components from the passdiy site.

Outboard power supply case, and finished pearl case probably cost me an additional $150.

-Doug

ps. back from home depot and eating lunch now, should have some pics up by early eve.

my baby!

DSC03509.jpg

DSC03507.jpg

DSC03506.jpg

DSC03500.jpg

DSC03496.jpg

Shallbehealed -

It looks like you snagged my idea of a wood case - except I will have mine out of old redwood to match the interior of our home. I love the lunchbox monoblocks - exceptionally cool!

The parts cost through Promethius is pretty comperable to what you paid I think. I don't have the extra time to do that kind of thing myself or nothing would get accomplished.

Great accomplishment!

-Tom

tomp4657 said:
Shallbehealed -

It looks like you snagged my idea of a wood case - except I will have mine out of old redwood to match the interior of our home. I love the lunchbox monoblocks - exceptionally cool!

The parts cost through Promethius is pretty comperable to what you paid I think. I don't have the extra time to do that kind of thing myself or nothing would get accomplished.

Great accomplishment!

-Tom

Thanks Tom. I had alot of fun building this, and now that I've had a good listen...

it's phenomenal. wow. I would never go out and spend the equivalent amount of money on a preamp, much less what this one compares to. I'll be holding on to this one until my (as of yet unborn) child heads off to college.

promitheus said:
I still didnt get any reply from the following people.
Please contact me as soon as possible.
I need your Shipping Address, Paypal Email or if you want to pay with bank transfer so I can send payment info.

Promitheus, just FYI, I am not on the list (have emailed you my info a long time ago) but still have not received a paypal invoice.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.