• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pearl phono PCBs Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, to all.

I'm now using VSPS but thinking of building a phono for MC.

Is this pearl phono ok for low output MC cartridge (if add the MC pearl board) as I saw someone using this with MC cartridge ?

If added MC pearl board, do I still need a step up transformer?

Also, what transformer do you guys recommended for Pearl phono pre?

Thank you very much.

The Pearl can only handle high output MC if the impendance is matched at the input.
Low MC need an MC stage.
The MC Pre that was designed to fit on the Pearl is actually the MC Stage from the Aleph Ono.
The parts and pcbs cost 64,00 Euro.
If you want to a transformer the Lundahl are very good and cost around 100,00 Euro. They 2 different MC Step up transformers but I cant remember the models.

promitheus said:
The Pearl can only handle high output MC if the impendance is matched at the input.
Low MC need an MC stage.
The MC Pre that was designed to fit on the Pearl is actually the MC Stage from the Aleph Ono.
The parts and pcbs cost 64,00 Euro.
If you want to a transformer the Lundahl are very good and cost around 100,00 Euro. They 2 different MC Step up transformers but I cant remember the models.

Hi. promitheus.

Thank you for your verification.

So with the MC Stage, I can go without the Step up transformer, right?

I still need a transformer at the input to convert the 240V AC input to lower voltage then regulate it to 40V DC for Pearl phono circuit. For this transformer, any transfomer model to use?

Thank you once again.

Json,
I'm using the Pearl with my Shelter 301 MC which has 0.3mV output. It definetly does not need a step up transformer, in fact I have lowered the gain by removing the -4db (I think this is the value) jumper from each board.

You will be very happy with the Pearl and MC boards>

Nate

I am running out of Pearl boards so the last 1-2 people who order them will also get them.
I have more requests then Boards so please dont delay to order them.

If more people are interested in Pearl Boards I could make a new Group buy or order a new batch of Boards but because this is very expensive and it takes a lot of time from my work I will only be able to Order PCBs and Parts if more then 30 Pcbs are Ordered.

If you are interested please send an Email so I can make a list with those who want boards.
Please give name, quantity of PCBs or quantity of KITs.

Greetings

Hi Promitheus,

do you still take orders or is it just to specify for people who already did order?

if you still take new orders i would be in for:
one set of:

Pearl
Pearl PSU
Pearl Parts
Pearl PSU Parts

i can´t contact you via mail (till now!) ´cause of the newbee-status.
thank you a lot (and a happy new year)

stefan

s.fischer at gmx.info

noelectrix said:
Hi Promitheus,

do you still take orders or is it just to specify for people who already did order?

if you still take new orders i would be in for:
one set of:

Pearl
Pearl PSU
Pearl Parts
Pearl PSU Parts

i can´t contact you via mail (till now!) ´cause of the newbee-status.
thank you a lot (and a happy new year)

stefan

s.fischer at gmx.info

...dito... :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.