• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pearl phono PCBs Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

Sorry to have not replied to some of your emails.
I was away for the holidays and after that alot of work.
I didnt have any time to work on the Pearl.

The Problem is that I dont have anymore PCBs for the Pearl and some Parts must be reordered.
I also dont have any PCBs for the MC.

Unless at least 10 People are interested I cant Order a few parts at the Prices I gave Parts and PCBs.

If you guys are not in a hurry I can gather Orders from those that are interested and see if this works out.

So, it would be easier for me when you send me an Email and tell me what you would need.

Greetings Promitheus

I sent an Email to almost evrybody interested.
Please reply and tell me what you are interested in.
I am making a list with people and what they want so I can se what everything will cost.

If somebody didnt get an Email and wants to join the group buy please send me an Email as soon as possible.

I will post prices soon but wont be much different then the Pearl prices.

Because PCBs take long to be delivered and I will be matching parts again I will ship parts in 3-4weeks from today.

I want to say that I am organizing a last Pearl group buy.
If anybody wants to participate please send me an Email.

Also final MC Pre PCBs and Parts are decided.
Parts KIT costs 42,00 Euro and PCBs 22,00 Euro.
Complete KIT 64,00 Euro.
Parts are the same quality like the Pearl.
Matched 2SK170BL quads.
Please come in contact if you want to participate.

I have some news.
I changed the layout again.
I am not quite finished but the MC Board will be even smaller.
105mm x 63mm.
That means the board can be mounted lower and nearer to the Pearl Board and not on top of the MKP output Cap.

The PCB will be mounted on the Pearl with 3 plastik distance holders of 15mm which will be glued on the Pearl PCB.

I will show some picture how this works.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
My Pearl!

Sounds great...

Arne K

Attachments

• img_2674.jpg
    img_2674.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 932
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Peral Specks ?

Hi!
I have read thru the article a few times, but can not find much data...except graphs.

Can someone please tell me:

Gain = ?dB (I would guestimate just shy of 40dB).
Max input volt, (before overload)?

I could do with a little more gain, (increased ~5+dB?).
Should I try to get more from first or second stage?

Arne K

promitheus said:
well I haven´t yet done anything and there isn´t much interest.
I am not even sure if maybe the Aleph Ono is better.
Does anybody have an X-ONO circuit maybe?

Hi Prometheus
I am wanting to build a phono preamp, for MM. Here is my thread:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1064642#post1064642

Which do you think is the best one? How about that Aleph Ono one, did you work out if that was better than the Pearl or not? And for the Pearl, do you have any of the boards or parts for it still? (Maybe you would like to reply in my new thread?)
Thanks
Justin

markgall and lordvader you got Email.
If more people are interested I should say I am running out of Boards and hard to find parts like matched quads of 2SK170BL and 2SK389BL.

Also if anybody knows a good reliable source for these Parts I would be happy to know because I am looking for them to restock.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.