• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ellipsoidal reflectors group-buy?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have contacted a optics manufacurer that makes ellipsoidal reflectors. their price is about a quarter of the cheapest ones available in USA. it is about $18-20 after shipping, depanding the size of the reflector and how much shipping will cost. I am going to get a reflector to do some tests. If anyone is interested please contact me at liu DOT 316 AT osu DOT edu.

by the way, which one of following is better to get? I am going to try it on a CDM-T lamp, which is 19mm in diameter. I guess I can enlarge the center hole of T090 reflector to make it 1~2 mm wider.

HB1220-T080
D = 80mm d = 22mm H = 35mm F1 = 15mm F2 = 120mm

HB1220-T090
D = 90mm d = 18mm H = 53mm F1 = 14mm F2 = 165mm

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

for benefits of ellipsoidal reflector and CDM-T lamps, please see

Ace's posts.

Me2!

I'll take a HB1220-T080 also. I would actually prefer the larger D but the bulb hole and longer f of this unit is better.

Any chance they could make a deep elliptical? I am testing a 2nd unit to collect radial light out the front (missing the reflector) but a long elliptical would be much better. I might have to polish up my telescope mirror making skills - pun intended.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.