• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

any interest in a GB of cs8416?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I can vouch for mcs gettiong hold of the CS4816's as he saved my assa a few weeks ago and got me a couple I need for my fourth year project.

Also, if you are going to get any more, I may end up trying for another two, as I'm not sure how many board revisioins I'm going to get through and I don't want to have to try and remove one of these from a board after it's fixed.

Here are some prices. The prices I get from the distributor are quoted in USD, so I have converted all the prices below to USD. All the prices are approximate, and if you live in the EU, you have to add VAT (25%).

CS8412-CP: Obsolete, but available from RS at $24 each, if we order more than 25. The distributor has 12 pcs. of CS8412-CS in stock, and they are $22 each.

CS8414: They are available in packs of 27 from the distributor, but the minimum order is 81 pcs. And the price is $22 each :eek:
I can also get them from another source with no minimun order, but they are just as expensive.

CS8415A: Packs of 27 again, but this time the minimum order is 189 pcs. The price is $4.50 each. I can get those without a minimum order at $9.75 each.

CS8416: Almost the same as the 8415A, but the price is only $4 each. The other figures are the same. The distributor has 34 pcs. of the 8416 in stock (so no minimum order), but they are the CZ (TSSOP) version.

So the "main" chip is either $4 each with a big minimum order, or $4 each in a very small version, or $9.75 each with no minimum order.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

Hi,
I'm interested in buying some Crystal chips, but I cannot find a distributor. Can someone post a list of distributors that sell individual chips because I'm drawing a blank. I'm not worried what country they are based in.
I'm interested in the CS8416, if this group buy does or does not eventuate, and the new ADC CS5381

Cheers, Adrian

I can buy CS8414 (about 12 euro/each), see also the wiki page as a GB is active for that chip, plus any other Cirrus chip here in Italy. Min order is 110euro. They could not sell to anyone but only to distributors and suppliers .... nevertheless I was told they would accept my order.

I can ask for them after the XMas holidays... just drop your messages and I will try to arrange a GB as I need more CS8414 chips as well. I hope the distributor give me an other positive feedback.

I also have 2 PCM1794 from BB in eccess I can send to anyone in need for this stuff. Paid 25 euro/each a week ago. Just let me know.

Ciao
Gianluca

Hi,

I cant seem to understand why it is so hard to get good prices on Cirrus ICs. I guess they prefer more profit with less parts sold than the other way around, who can blame them...

And considering that the CS8414 is becoming obsolete as of January, I think, the prices are sure to start to go up, just like it hapened with the CS8412. The problem with the CS8416 is the case IC type, its hard to deal with and dont you even think in reusing it in your next experiment....

Anyway, we're in for a cold cold winter :(

electropt said:
I cant seem to understand why it is so hard to get good prices on Cirrus ICs.
I think most of the prices I got (for the current types) are fine?

And considering that the CS8414 is becoming obsolete as of January, I think, the prices are sure to start to go up, just like it hapened with the CS8412.
I think that's why I was quoted the $22 price from the distributor...

The problem with the CS8416 is the case IC type, its hard to deal with and dont you even think in reusing it in your next experiment....
What's the problem? The CS8415A and CS8416 is available in the same size (SOIC) as the CS8414. I have used the 8415A myself, because it can run on 5V.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

Hi,

mcs said:

I think most of the prices I got (for the current types) are fine?

I think that's why I was quoted the $22 price from the distributor...

What's the problem? The CS8415A and CS8416 is available in the same size (SOIC) as the CS8414. I have used the 8415A myself, because it can run on 5V.

The prices you got are just fine, I was not talking about those in particular, but the CD841X in general... Please dont take this personaly. :)

I was not thinking about the SOIC package when I said what I said,
I was thinking about the TSSOP one. The 3,3V issue is another in the CS8416, and again maybe its just one more reg... One more...

DIY wise is not getting easier IMO...

Cheers

Ok guys,

I'll call the Italian distributor asking for prices for:

CS3310, CS814, CS8416 and a couple of DACs. Unfortunately I can do that on January 10th after the holidays!! Later on, if they confirm their availability to ship and sell directly to me, I'll place the order for you all.

Anyone interested in CS8414 (and other chips) can have a look on audiochips.net. Not so cheap but a few of them should be available to date.

Buon Natale!
Gluca

OK so far it seems we have

RJAY:
2 CS8412 + 2 CS8414

MARK HATHAWAY:
10 CS8416CZ (TSSOP) what r u going to do with 10 pcs??

KIWI:
2 CS8416 what size???

Myself:
2 CS8414

I will call the italian distributor next monday. Any1 else? I will post a reply after the call.

Ciao belli
Gianluca

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.