• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

any interest in a GB of cs8416?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Gluca,

MCS has already gotten me a price of 4 USD per piece for cs8416cz-tssop and I'm about to send him cash, so we'll wait till you post back after your phone call to your local distributor. Hope this is okay with you MCS.
My original "i'm in for 10 pieces of tssop..." was ment for MCS, but it can't hurt to seek more pricing.

Gluca can you please inquire about 10 pieces of cs8416-cz (tssop) and 10 pieces of cs8416-cs (soic), but I suspect they will have large minimum orders. This is why I jumped at 10 pieces of tssop from MCS, I face a 100 piece minimum order here almost 3 times as expensive as MCS's local price

Preferably I would like 10 pieces of soic, but can live with tssop.

Hope this all makes sense and I have not upset anyone,

Regards,
Mark Hathaway

@ Rjay

My point of contact in Memecunique (Italian distributor for Cirrus) is busy in a meeting. She will call me tomorrow. BTW I was told in december that a minimum 110 eur order must be placed: currently we are below this figure. I will let you know.

@ every1

Any interest in Cirrus IC's. We need to have more requests to have this stuff supplied.

Ciao
Gianluca :bawling: :bawling:

Not yet! :bawling:

I have been told mrs. xxxx (salese rep for Cirrus ICs) has been out of office for 1 week or so. I just called and told Memecunique I need a quick definitive answer (yes or not!) as I got bored of all this waiting. They promised an answer by tomorrow.

BTW I found on e-bay an offer for CS8414 @ 9.8 euro each plus 5usd for shipping. I'll buy on e-bay tomorrow if I don't get an answer from Memec. Some chips are still available at audiochips.net, but they seem expensive.

I really can't understand the marketing policy of Crystal... Those ICs are so hard to find while you can find BB or AD almost everywhere! We need another good receiver from other brands definitively.

Gluca

@ everyone

Memecunique is completely missing! Quite disappointing. Each time I call there is a new excuse. I am going to order 2 more CS8414 on e-bay for future needs. A guy from Taiwan is selling these ic @ 10 eur/each. Check it out as a very few are left.

In case I receive news from Memecunique I will open a new thread for a GB of CS8414 (if available) and CS8416. Frankly speaking I don't like CS8416: does anybody really need a MUX on it?

Ciao.
Gianluca

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.