• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

SYDNEY users - Sub Amp Module - 300W

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I live in Bexley.

I havent spoken to these Audio club guys, I am just trying to organise this to fellow audio enthusiasts on this forum.

I have a 10" JBL GT410 sub fully built sitting in my room nothing powering it, and I am eager to get it pumping, so I want this amp.

But it seems that if I dont get enough interest over the weekend I might just proceed with a single purchase! :bawling:

I'm waiting on an answer back from Jaycar to this:
(Although the Q on the 240 is for a separate project)

"On the 240 W sub amp, what's the total:
- power supply caps uF value; &
- VA of the transformer (This is available for the other sub amp on my shortlist)

And the 350 W sub amp: what's the VA of the transformer?"

FYI: The 350 W from Rythmik (more $) has a 600 VA transformer.

Cheers

rick57 since you are in Melbourne, then you are better off just calling up Justin at Audio Australia and negotiating a deal for 3 amps and I beleive it will cost around $30 to ship to Melbourne.

It will be less hassle than for me to order them pay for shipping, then ship them off to Melbourne. You will be paying for shipping twice that will be around $50. Its just not worth it.

That's fair enough.

I already ordered one amp for $230 inc freight, so $20 more however much less hassle, I dont really mind.

It makes you wonder though at $200 they are still making sufficient profit

What about Jaycar? What a rip-off!!!

Vazzy, mate, if you are still interested in a single amp at $230, drop me an e-mail!

IMO, while I like low prices, if they sell them for $399? they’re making a good margin, but any electronics parts business probably sells a lot of things at a small $ margin, with a lot of handling.
They probably need to have some lines they make an easier profit on, especially in a modest market like Australia.

Comments on the amp

I wish you guys were doing this about 6 months ago! I have used this amp and found it to be fine. I'm running 2 Jaycat 10inch titanium drivers in series for 240w no worries. I was going to change the boost cicuitry using instructions from the web, but when I opened it up things looked to be too different. Anyway, after building it all, I did some SPL testing and found that the boost worked in my favour. Graph at http://www.users.bigpond.com/bcolliso/blast.htm for anyone that interested

I've built subs with each of the Jaycar amps (80w 150w and 350) and they've all been good. I'll keep an eye out on this board for next time!

good luck with the bulk purchase
Collo

GDay Rick57

I haven't had experience with any other amps as the Jaycar ones are the easiest I can get to in Newcastle - I do get about 10% discount by showing past receipts.

As for crossover freq. - I use them mainly for Home Theatre, so I just feed the sub LFE only and let the fronts deal with the full range. My amp (Pioneer VSX-D711) has a min. xover of 100hz which is too high anyway.

I've done a bit of response measurement of the sub and the mains to arrive at this arrangement - see http://www.users.bigpond.com/bcolliso/SPL-response.htm - I would be interested in getting feedback about the methods I've employed.

If I realy want to get some thump from music, I can tell the amp to let it through, but I haven't optimised levels for that.

regards
Collo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.