• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Gainclone Parts Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I decided to open a new thread fo this group buy, as I realised that I hijacked another member' s thread (sorry, Roushon).

Briefly, I' ve found a good source for some components of the GC, as follows:
LM338T: 2.10 EUR/pc. (for a minimal qty. of 100)
MUR1520: 0.65 EUR/pc. (min. qty 300)
LM3886T: 3.20 EUR/pc. (min. qty 100),
plus shipping to your place.

I also opened a Wiki page to make it easier for anybody to sign up:
Group Buy Wiki Page

BTW, I' m also looking to find good sources for toroidals and high quality caps, if I will find something interesting I may add those components to the wiki page.

Cheers,

Bruno

dont worry

Hi Carondimonio,
In fact I am happy and thank you that you had hijacked my thread. (You could have continued there.) Otherwise I would have missed your thread and the infomation. Actually I am already getting some MUR1560 from ON Semi as a sample. Though I had to pay US$20 as shipping cost. I hope this will be duty free. I have no information yet. As Ashok mentioned I am also worried about purchasing item from some unknown shops here in Mumbai, fearing I may get fake ones. Even if I have to pay duty I dont mind, as long as I am getting original for sure.

Hi all,

in my search for good prices for GC parts, I thought that it would have been interesting to have a high quality attenuator at the input of the GC, in case one wants to connect it directly to the source.
There is the possibility to have the stereo version of the DACT CT-2, 20kOhm or 50 kOhm for around 70EUR/pc., provided we put together a group purchase of at least 25pcs. (they do not need to be all of the same type, as long as we buy at least 25 pcs. all together). I' m going to update the WIKI page, let me know if you are interested.

Cheers,

Bruno

@ home building their clones ;)
the idea is pretty simple: who buys ready made boards, usually gets them part of a kit, so diodes and chips too.
then the 3886 is not that popular.
I'd settle for a MUR1520 group buy only, the changes are much higher to get enough people.

Update

Hi all!!

Well, some updates:
1. So far, not many people have signed in for the group buy; I decided to put a deadline for it, November 21st. If, by that time, the quantities required for the desired price breaks are not achieved, the group buy for that/those parts will be considered void.
2. Yesterday I ordered already the LM3886s, at my own risk. I had to do so in order not to miss the opportunity to have them at this price and because I need them anyway. I am going to get 100 pcs. of them. So, these parts will be available to anybody who wants them. For the other parts, see 1.
3. I decided to take away the DACTs from this group buy and to open a separate thread for them. Actually, I guess these attenuators can be of interest not only to GC builders, and having them included in a GC parts group buy makes them somewhat "invisible".

C'mon people, join us!:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:

Cheers,

Bruno

Hi all!

well, the situtation doesn' t look very promising...:(
So far, we are well below the quantities required to get the price breaks mentioned, and the deadline is tomorrow.
Anyway, the LM3886 are already available to everybody, as for the other chips... JOIN US!

Cheers,

Bruno

Hi all!

Well, the deadline has been met but the price breaks haven' t...:(
That' s allright, I will call the group buy off.
So, just to summarise:
The LM3886T are anyway available to everyone who expressed an interest in them, at the said price - EUR 3.20/pc. +shipping. I had to buy them, "take it or leave it", otherwise this chance would have been missed.
As for the LM338T and the MUR1520, they are not available, as the min. qties haven' t been met.

In the next days I will send an e-mail to all the ones who expressed an interest in the 3886 (I do not know exactly when, as ' m leaving for a 3-days business trip).

Cheers,

Bruno

Hi all!

Well, I' m back from my trip and I already sent an e-mail to the ones who stated an interest in the LM3886, except two members, who did not enable their e-mail option.
RIKU-78 and ROUSHON, please let me know if you' re still interested in getting these chips and, if so, please send me an e-mail.

As for the ones who already got an e-mail from me, they are of course free to get these parts or to step back, just please let me know...

Thanks everybody,

Bruno

You know from my threads that I was more interested in some MUR rectifiers. It is sad that the group buy did not materialize. I have already received some LM3886 from ApexJr. I showed interest of only 2 LM3886 in this group buy because I thought I will get it with the MUR in the same packet. I hope it is not of much problem for you if I do not buy the LM.

I receive e-mail through this forum, there is no problem. I will check again.

Thanks for your proposal and help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.