• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Fountek Ribbons Group Buy (Europe, but maybe not only Europe?)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

there' s the possibility to organise a groupbuy for the Jp2.0 or Jp3.0 Fountek ribbon tweeters.

If we put together an order for at least 20 pcs of each type (but we could also decide to all go for the same type), I can have them at my place for a total final cost (including shipping and handling to me from Shangai, handling, customs, etc.) of 70 US$ /pc. (Jp3.0) or 95US$ /pc. (Jp2.0).
This is the price you would pay (plus shipping to you from Switzerland).

Any interest?

Cheers,

Bruno

P.S.: I was thinking to restrict this group buy to Europe only, because of the high shipping costs from Switzerland to America, and North Americans can buy from Madison or Solen and bear very low shipping costs (I think...). If our American friends would find it convenient to join this group buy, they are most welcome!!!

Bump!

Nobody?

Re-reading my previous post, I realised I' ve been a bit unclear...
We just need to put together an order for at least 20 pcs. (10 pairs) of the same type, and we will get the price mentioned.
I was thinking about getting a pair of the Jp2.0 (the bigger ones), but if the interest of the majority is focused on the 3.0, I could well switch to the this type. Or maybe we can put together an order for 20 pcs. of each type... :D

Cheers,

Bruno

Hi,
Thanks for organising this group buy!

I would go for a pair of JP 2.0.

The question is how much will be the shipping cost to my country from you (to Poland).

95$ with shipping cost for a piece is a good price ,but for anyone exept you the cost is 95$ plus shipping cost.

I was looking for a dealer who is going to send me the tweeters with no value/no insurance on them (as a gift) ,and found the one.Madisound refused to ship this way but i found another dealer which is called OREGONDY (http://www.oregondv.com/index.html ).They are going to ship them to me for 15$.

I don't agree that the shipping from America is more expensive than inside the Europe.I found Europe shipping costs to be more expensive then shipping from the States and the prices in the Sates are usually lower.One just have to find the proper way to omit taxes and duties.

So a piece of JP 2.0 from you is 95$ and a piece from Oregondy is 118$...not a very big diffrance to me,being honest.

Now,I wonder how much would be shipping them from you to Poland? If more then 15$ I doubt this will be any beneficial for me.

I would be still in for a pair,just would like to know the shipping cost.

All Best

Bartek

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
this guy has a great deal on the 2.0 also -$100 ea.- I think because I pointed out the prices they are available at in the US.
Have you contacted him? He might be interested in the group buy.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41876

The 3.0 isn't as great a deal- but I'll bet he would lower the price-
if someone mentioned the madisound price.
I didn't mention that the price of the 3.0 is also too high because I didn't want to annoy him because I'm not getting any anyway.

I have no connection and no knowledge of his reliability ,etc.....

Hi all,

Wingman wrote:
how many weeks before we can makhe a deal ?

Well, as I said it is necessary to put together a group buy for at least 20 pcs., but until now the reaction has not been overwhelming...
Anyway, I am leaving in an hour or so for a business trip until the end of the week, and I do not think I will have a regular access to the net until Friday evening, so I would say that the best thing will be to wait until then and see how the situation develops...

Cheers,

Bruno

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.