• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

RTR SSR Speaker Protection GB 4

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I have been getting a bit of interest lately for the Gen 2 RTR SSR’s to be available again now that they are sold out.

Schematics for Gen4 here: https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/rtr-ssr-speaker-protection-gb-4.378742/post-6971387

Description of the project is here:
Ready-to-Run (RTR) SSR DC Speaker Protection and Delay GB

891926d1604979168-ready-run-rtr-ssr-dc-speaker-protection-delay-gb-58344f39-83d0-4306-b8a0-95dfbb8b2c42-jpeg

I would like to start a pre-order list for the 4th group buy. Once we reach 10 people ordering a pair of 20 units, I’ll take pre orders and get these manufactured again.

Please add your name and number of boards you are interested in below.

For example:
Code:
Name      Qnty       Country
xrk971      2             USA

For folks who sign up for the pre-order, price will be $50ea and free shipping in the USA.

For those who buy later after the pre-order phase, price will be $60ea. I’m sorry prices have gone up due to parts shortage.

Update Nov 12, 2021: order 3 pairs and get free shipping worldwide.
Pre-order for 3 Pairs of GB4 for RTR SSR Speaker Protection | Etsy

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Yes, it comes with the board but no free TO-92s that go with it. Personally, I like how simple the low capacitance PSU using a couple of diodes and a 22uF cap much better. That works like a charm and much simpler.

I am thinking the new breakaway bonus board should be a simple PSU with a 22uF cap, a couple of diodes, a bleeder resistor and LED, and Molex KK or two wire screw terminal for AC in from trafo secondaries (15v ac min), and two Molex KK for power out to the two SSR's.

A neat and professional implementation of this:
885913d1603171059-ready-run-rtr-ssr-dc-speaker-protection-delay-gb-397086c2-e380-4acd-b14d-b57e7d1fbfbb-jpeg

Last edited:
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi X,

I like the simple layout on the vero board also. I have made some already, and will try on the FH9, once I get some components hooked up. In the meantime I will sign up on the GB for some more RTR SSR protection modules.

MM

XRK971 2 USA
Raymond1 2 France
Francois G 2 USA
Vunce 2 USA
Kokanee 6 Canada

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I think we have enough people to open up the ore-orders.

I just found out that the 100v+ regulator we use is no longer in stock. Does anyone need to use this with an amp that has greater than +75v rail? There is another regulator available that can handle that lower voltage. +75v is 150Vpp or 350w into 8ohms. Jhofland will have to redo the layout with a 75v regulator.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
We just confirmed that the regulator is out of stock. We will redo the layout to use the adjustable version of that regulator. So still same performance and max 150v input. It will require an additional 2 resistors which is nothing. We will also change the bonus board to be a low capacitance “instant off” PSU for connecting to the secondary of your transformer. For those interested in using the open collector logic control, that is still there but you will need to provide your own logic control from your MCU or circuit.

I think we have enough interest now that I will start to take pre orders on my Etsy shop starting tomorrow.