• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F3 Clone Board Set Group Buy

This is a group buy for circuit boards to make a diy clone of the First Watt F3 amplifier. This board set is designed to work with the diyAudio store UMS mounting pattern making life a little easier for those having UMS chassis.

The design is about 80% done and now it is time to gather input and make refinements before ordering a test set of boards to validate the layout.

The images below show the basics, and the .pdf has more details about the boards, preliminary pricing, and a tentative schedule for the group buy.

Here is a link to the F3 UMS Pattern Group Buy Sign Up Sheet

I will make every effort to post weekly status updates to share progress.

Attachments

• F3 Amp Preliminary Group Buy Info Sheet.pdf
    721.3 KB · Views: 455
  • Amp and Coupling Cap Board.PNG
    Amp and Coupling Cap Board.PNG
    347.5 KB · Views: 1,550
  • Amp Board.PNG
    Amp Board.PNG
    349.8 KB · Views: 1,442
  • Coupling Cap Details.PNG
    Coupling Cap Details.PNG
    237.7 KB · Views: 1,420
  • PS Board.PNG
    PS Board.PNG
    236.3 KB · Views: 1,476
csample,

What a well described pdf sheet and group buy! This is very well done :cheers:. The only thing I would comment on is a link to the First Watt F3 info for newbies on your first post for those unfamiliar with this design.

Come to think of it, with a damping factor of 6, overall gain of ~ 13dB, this would make a very nice headphone amp I bet.

So close...but I have sooo many projects!

Best,
Anand.

Last edited:
As nautiboy noted, the spreadsheet should be working now I had forgotten to change the permissions from read only to edit - sorry about that.

Hi Adason, thanks for bringing up the Zen V9 Aleph current source and feedback, I think the standard F3 has both of these elements. I highlighted what I think are equivalent parts of the Zen V9 and F3 circuits, if I missed something please let me know, I love adding versatility to the boards to allow for more tweaking and build options.

Thanks for all the positive comments, I will be refining the boards over the next two weeks, if you have other thoughts or comments I will try to accommodate provided there is a broad enough interest and the changes are manageable.

Attachments

• Zen V9 Feedback and Aleph Current Source.PNG
    Zen V9 Feedback and Aleph Current Source.PNG
    69.4 KB · Views: 561
  • F3 Feedback and Aleph Current Source.PNG
    F3 Feedback and Aleph Current Source.PNG
    67.8 KB · Views: 517