• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F3 Clone Board Set Group Buy

Just wondering if actual dimensions of the boards could be posted.

I have some long F3 boards, but still haven’t built a long enough case for them.

No problem, board sizes are in the image below.

Attachments

• Board Sizes.PNG
    Board Sizes.PNG
    7.1 KB · Views: 374
6/27 Update

Good progress this week:

- Checking of Board to Schematic and Verification of Pin Location Relative to Transistor data sheets completed

- Opposite Hand of Amp Board Completed

- Silk Screen Clean Up Completed

Looking for input on including a location for the surface mounted LD1014D in the Q2 position. This would displace the smaller set of through holes for this location, but the legs on the LU1014D are so short that extensions are almost mandatory. If wire extensions are used the wires could go to the TO-247 location. Thermal management would be through via's to an aluminum or copper spacer to the main heatsink. Temperature control (or lack thereof) would be verified in the test build. Let me know what you think.

Everything is on track for ordering test boards late this week or early next week.

Attachments

• 6-26 Update SMT.PNG
    6-26 Update SMT.PNG
    30.7 KB · Views: 296
Good progress this week:

- Checking of Board to Schematic and Verification of Pin Location Relative to Transistor data sheets completed

- Opposite Hand of Amp Board Completed

- Silk Screen Clean Up Completed

Looking for input on including a location for the surface mounted LD1014D in the Q2 position. This would displace the smaller set of through holes for this location, but the legs on the LU1014D are so short that extensions are almost mandatory. If wire extensions are used the wires could go to the TO-247 location. Thermal management would be through via's to an aluminum or copper spacer to the main heatsink. Temperature control (or lack thereof) would be verified in the test build. Let me know what you think.

Everything is on track for ordering test boards late this week or early next week.

Sounds GOD! :up:
Thanks so much, Csample! :cheers: :grouphug:

Hi Nautiboy,

Thanks for providing input on the inclusion of an SMT option directly on the amp board. Providing an option to use the LD1014D mounted directly to the F3 amp board does not increase the cost of the boards, and makes them more versatile. The board is still setup to use the xrk971 TO-247 adapter, and many will choose to do so because it will be very convenient. For those who choose not to use the adapter, this just opens up one more option.

Yes, I understand the potential for versatility but you're already committing the time to producing the boards and running the GB - I was just suggesting saving yourself the effort of having to test that the PCB mounting copes well enough with the heat dissipation when there already a solution available. Thanks for all your work BTW, it's appreciated.

7/5 Update

Progress over the last week:

- Test boards for both amp channels and output capacitor boards ordered.

- Ordered and received all components for test build.

- Investigating Configurable Power Supply Boards (more info below)

I have been planning to use the dual mono single rail power supply from a previous F1 project, but looking at the First Watt F3 pcb layout it seems that some very smart person was able to make the power supply board configurable via jumpers to run in three different configurations:

1) dual mono 23V
2) +23VDC/-23VDC
3) +46VDC.

I think this is really cool, and am working on making this available as a second power supply option. Looking at photos from the 6Moons reviews of the F3, F4 and F5 this is the power supply board used in all of these amps. Link to 6Moons F5 Amp Review

Attachments

• Amp V2,3L.PNG
    Amp V2,3L.PNG
    208.2 KB · Views: 387
  • Amp V2,3R.PNG
    Amp V2,3R.PNG
    213.4 KB · Views: 382
  • First Watt PS Boards.PNG
    First Watt PS Boards.PNG
    280 KB · Views: 387