• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: A Simple Discrete Current-Mirror IV Converter, à la AD844

GB2/Waiting List

Kokanee - 2 PCB + 12 transistors
baswamin - 2 PCB + 12 transistors
asanden - 2 PCB + 12 transistors
simon dart - 4 PCB + 24 transistors
BRN - 2 PCB + 12 transistors
Myint -2 pcb + 12 transistors
Johnny Canuck - 1 pcb + 6 transistors

Others who are interested, please update the above list.

Joined 2018
Paid Member
A quick question if I may. Studying the boards in my hands against the images on the pdf and repeated in this thread. I noticed my boards are a mirror of the photos. Then I see on thr images v1.0R. I have v1.0L (×5). Should we have L and R boards?
Thanks

Edit.....dang.....post 1 states L and R boards.

Last edited:
Wow, I thought the PCBs were all the same. I was not aware there were different PCBs. I just thought that you get 5 PCB 2 for left 2 for right and one for test! I did only a quick inspection after receiving them (they all came in one bundle not separated) and they all look the same to me, not being aware that there are different versions.

So what is the difference between boards except being inverted?

Joined 2018
Paid Member
John...I believe not but there appears to be a 2nd list forming a few posts back. Whether Ripster will go thru with this I cant say.

I don't know if this is the place to talk about building tjses things but here I go anyway...please advise if there is a better thread.

I am creating 4 rails, so 2 pos and 2 neg but using 4 times LT3042, so obviously each will have its own winding and rectifier.
Regarding transformers that I wish to order, I though about using small 'blue' encapsulated trafos. Maybe 6va so 3va per regulator. Is that enough or should I be upping the power rating.?
Regards
Jim

Edit....sorry I forgot about the 'other ' thread discussing this design. Shall ask there

Last edited:
Someone asked about a component pad in series with the input.
This is for a 0603 0R (jumper) resistor if you are using 1mA DAC current.
If you have more DAC current, you need to use multiple modules in parallel.
In that case, you should use a 1R resistor at that location.

So at least one person has started building. ;)

Patrick

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Yup, that was me, guilty as charged. Thanks for the clarification of this resistor/jumper pad Patrick :)
I finally got a chance to solder up a pair of boards, neat little buggers! Next step will be fine tuning with the trim resistors.

Attachments

• 4614AE65-AB5A-401C-8C23-9FAE2CAEEA04.jpg
    4614AE65-AB5A-401C-8C23-9FAE2CAEEA04.jpg
    936.3 KB · Views: 192
  • D2B95E71-FDD9-44A9-9001-5653D88BB528.jpg
    D2B95E71-FDD9-44A9-9001-5653D88BB528.jpg
    684.6 KB · Views: 185