• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Cinemag 1254 SUT Round III

Any word? Luckily I've got a nice MC preamp on loan for the time being.

I talked with Cinemag the first week of September. At that time, they said it would be a few more weeks.

There is an issue sourcing the threaded bushings. The shipment is long overdue. Which, sadly, is happening with much of the supply chain. They originally quoted 12 weeks, but will miss that.

Sorry,
Geary

Hope this is not out of line in this thread - but for those late to the group buy, I have two pairs of 1254's available - standard configuration. (not threaded)

Price same as group buy. U.S. shipping only please. Please PM me for details.

Attachments

• IMG_E8065.jpg
    IMG_E8065.jpg
    554.6 KB · Views: 184
Joined 2015
Paid Member
I just called CineMag and was told that these will likely be ready next week, but he will send me an email with a final answer.
Hoping everything is OK with Geary and he replies soon but if we don't hear from him I think it would be best if CineMag not ship it to him and we find a different arrangement. I should have a few days off for the Holidays and willing to do this myself but that may mean that we each will need to pay shipping again since it was sent to Geary originally.

Good Lord guys! Anyone heard of holidays? Firstly, I am not happy that someone contacted Cinemag. THAT is not the agreement that I had with Cinemag and could put future buys in jeopardy. Since the whole concept of a vendor honoring a group buy is the concept of a single contact. Secondly, I called Cinemag last week,, but did not hear back. Someone interjecting themselves may have contributed to that. The proper and courteous thing to do would have been to send me private message or an email This is the 3rd group buy. It is not like there is not a track record here.

If I sound a bit miffed.....

Cheers,
Geary

Joined 2015
Paid Member
Good Lord guys! Anyone heard of holidays?
Holidays? The group was last updated on 10/7, ~2.5 months ago.

Firstly, I am not happy that someone contacted Cinemag. THAT is not the agreement that I had with Cinemag and could put future buys in jeopardy. Since the whole concept of a vendor honoring a group buy is the concept of a single contact.
Cinemag only provided information regarding the ETA and specifically said that the order could only be sent to you so I don't see the problem here.

Secondly, I called Cinemag last week,, but did not hear back. Someone interjecting themselves may have contributed to that.
I called them on Friday at the end of the work week so we both know that is not related.

The proper and courteous thing to do would have been to send me private message or an email This is the 3rd group buy. It is not like there is not a track record here. If I sound a bit miffed.....
This has nothing to do with track record. We are now over 3 months beyond the original ETA, which is not your fault obviously but 4 different people from the group posted on this thread since the last update and we have not heard from you. I don't think there is room for this criticizing the group for trying to find information.

I have purchased via this method in the past and can assure all that there was an overrun on the order I was involved in.
Geary will see this through and it will be a case of 'All's well that ends well', additionally these are superb SUT's and the now taken the mantle as the preferred SUT in my local HiFi Group as a result of loans of the ancillary within the Groups members.

Holidays? The group was last updated on 10/7, ~2.5 months ago.

Cinemag only provided information regarding the ETA and specifically said that the order could only be sent to you so I don't see the problem here.

I called them on Friday at the end of the work week so we both know that is not related.

This has nothing to do with track record. We are now over 3 months beyond the original ETA, which is not your fault obviously but 4 different people from the group posted on this thread since the last update and we have not heard from you. I don't think there is room for this criticizing the group for trying to find information.
I am not going to argue with you. It is quite simple to me. You took the time and effort to reach out to the vendor without the common courtesy to try a PM or email to me. That, IMO, is not acceptable behavior.

Geary