• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Lovoltech LU1014 Power Jfet Group Buy

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hey guys, just letting you all know there is another possible project for the nice LU1014D in the IMS adapter PCB - the LuFo Lite fleawatt and headphone amp. JPS64 just made the initial layout and it looks terrific. Built in Cap MC PSU with CRC and on board or off board power resistors.

attachment.php

Hi X,

Amazing PCB, congrats.

Is this PCB for the choke loaded or resistor loaded ?

I’m interested slightly more with the resistor loaded to use w headphone since it’s much more compact.

I already have an OTL HA for my 150-600 ohm cans but I’m looking for another HA for my lower 32 ohm cans (Alessandro MS1000). Would the resistor loaded one be able to drive 32 ohm ?

Hope I’m not intruding too much w my questions.

Thanks
Eric

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Eric,
Perhaps your question would be better over in the headphone amp thread:
LuFo Lite - a 1 Transistor SE Class A Headphone Amp

I would have to run a sim with resistor loading only.

You might consider a compact 20mH Erse iron core speaker inductor. It may hold plenty of energy to drive a headphone and be easier to stick inside an amp chassis.

@awc, I don’t quite understand your question? Are you asking if the OPA454 preamp can drive an F4? If so, absolutely, yes. In fact, I designed it with F4, MoFo, LuFo or any amp needing a lot of voltage swing in mind. Or if you are asking if a LuFo Lite can drive an F4? No - they are both 0dB amps in need of a powerful preamp.

For all the members who have not provided an email address, please send me a PM with your email address. Otherwise, I will figure you are not interested anymore.

Icarium
vitalica
Quantensprung
Hirscwi
robert8
mrvinsky
VandaleX
eagwok33
04dgmsilv
Cambe
Zman01

Hello there,

I just found out about the group buy. It looks like I am a bit too late to the party, but I am wondering if I can still join.

The other question I have is that based on the sign up sheet, it looks like I can only buy 1 pair of these Jfets. Am I correct in that assumption? I was sort of hoping to build a circlotron with these guys and would need 4 jfets to make that happen.

The LU1014Ds are a gift from Papa so they're not a purchase and yes, one pair limit to spread the joy around as much as possible. The cost associated with this GB is for the carrier PCBs for the devices and to cover shipping costs.

It is possible to obtain genuine LU1014Ds from some Chinese sellers. Suggest you read through the thread where you'll find all the releavant info.

Ahhhhhhhh gotcha.

Yeah, I kept reading the original post over and over again thinking I had missed some relevant piece of info.

I must say that Mr. Pass is exceedingly generous to do something like this. Thank you very much for your generosity. Even if I miss out on my opportunity, it gives me a little bit more hope for humanity when I see this kind of communal kindness. :cheers: