• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: EL34 Baby Huey Amp and PSU MK2 PCB

Hi all,

Can I build the el34 version but simply plug in 6550's? Do I need to change any components?

I have a pair of transcendar 80w 5k transformers in my parts box including a quad of new tungsol 6550's. But, in the future, I would like to be able to use el34's in the amp.

I'm a baby Huey veteran from a few years ago and still have my coke bottle 6v6 6sl7 amp. It was built with electra-print output transformers and sounds sublime. I'm hoping for something similar with the new build but with more power.

thanks in advance!

Andrew

Thank you SB!! .. Boards arrived safety..

Attachments

• IMG_20210813_151204.jpg
    IMG_20210813_151204.jpg
    848.6 KB · Views: 222
Hi all,
Can I build the el34 version but simply plug in 6550's? Do I need to change any components?

I have a pair of transcendar 80w 5k transformers in my parts box including a quad of new tungsol 6550's. But, in the future, I would like to be able to use el34's in the amp.

I'm a baby Huey veteran from a few years ago and still have my coke bottle 6v6 6sl7 amp. It was built with electra-print output transformers and sounds sublime. I'm hoping for something similar with the new build but with more power.

thanks in advance!

Andrew

hey Andrew,
interested in this option as well, did you ever get an answer? If so, what did you find?
erick