• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for Simple DSD SRC for Beaglebone

According to the factory's report, it takes about 7-8 days to make the PCB board. After the board is completed, it takes a little time to confirm the components, and then it takes about 5 days to solder the components by SMT. Then, the finished boards will be shipped to Taiwan in about 4 to 5 days, and then I will send them out to everyone. In other words, the actual delivery time is about 20 days, so please be patient. If the factory is completed, I will update the status after I take the photo.

Status update for the GB by yunyun

Since yunyun is unavailable in this forum this moment, he asked me to post the current status of his GB.

The pictures of the board as attached.

IMG_5577.jpg

IMG_5578.jpeg

Status update for the GB by yunyun - II

From yunyun
In order to avoid errors, the components should be counted and confirmed before the SMT process. If it is a relatively large component, it is easy to confirm according to the component model printed on the component, but for the relatively small component, such as the component below, only 2AZF is printed on the component, which requires the component supplier to confirm again 2AZF is TPS7A2033, because only the supplier will know the correspondence between the code and the component. Just counting the components is very troublesome. The price is not particularly high, only 8 pieces are made, so it is really not easy to find factories and component suppliers willing to undertake.

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

Friends, I am forced to intervene in solving the problem of this Group Buy.

User yunyun collected money from members of this forum thread and was unable to fulfill his obligations.
He accuses me that my project documents do not meet the standards for industrial replication in China factories.
All my projects have always been and will be free for DIY. Provided on an “as is” basis. A lot of people repeated them on their own and thanked me.

I really want to help the members of this Group Buy not lose their money and get the assembled PCBs. But yunyun only blames me and avoids direct answers. He stubbornly ignores the question on the list of participants.
I had a solution for this situation. I could make all orders on my own and free of charge. But yunyun, besides accusing me, does not take any steps to resolve the problem.

Dear PPY,

I am sure that all members, here, can only say a big thanks to You, for the continuous efforts in developing high performance gear. And for let us freely know some details of your new (tested) creations !

Personally I was interested in one assembled DSD'it (II) board, but communication with yunyun was difficult (he flashed the first GB, than locked his PM).
If possible, I will be in for this GB, especially if you take the control.

Kind regards

Fabrizio

Friends, I am forced to intervene in solving the problem of this Group Buy.

Pavel, your intervention is laudable and you are clearly a gentleman of integrity but I sincerely hope you do not end up personally out of pocket over an issue that is not of your making, nor your responsibility.

I really hope you feel able to continue sharing your developments with us in the future and this experience doesn't leave you with a bad taste in your mouth. Thank you for all you've contributed so far.

Yes, no one should propose GB based on the documentation provided by Pavel. Only Pavel is eligible to propose GB.

According to the file provided by Pavel, the file does not include Pick and place (XY) (the so-called component coordinates), which will make the SMT process encounter difficulties, although there are other solutions to deal with this trouble. In other words, Pavel does not expect to produce finished boards through SMT. That is, if you want to make a finished board according to the files provided by Pavel, you can only use manual welding. However, it is very difficult to manually solder a large number of small components, and most people can't do it.

Even if you don’t understand PCB design and production, you can read the article below and see the column about "Files required for PCB manufacturing". You will find that Files contains Pick and place (XY), which is the so-called Component coordinate data. However, none of the files published by Pavel have Pick and place (XY).

How to Export Gerber and Production Files in Kicad | Sierra Circuits

In addition, according to the documents provided by Pavel, not every component symbol is printed on the silk screen layer, which also leads to difficulties in manual soldering, because it is necessary to carefully compare the component positions in the BOM file with great effort for manual welding.

Only Pavel is eligible to propose GB.