• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F1 or F1J Amp and Power Supply Boards with UMS Mounting Pattern Group Buy

I made up some boards for the F1/F1J amp this past summer and fall (a bit of the history is documented in the "Firstwatt F1J" thread). I sold the extra boards from my order to others following that thread, and so far three amps have been successfully built. There have been more requests for boards than I had made up, so I am posting a group buy to see how many to include in a second order. Here are a few details about the boards. Prices below do not include shipping, I will charge actual shipping costs to your location via USPS, which has been about $8.40 in the US and $14.50-$37.50 outside the US.

If you are interested, please copy the text line below and fill in the your diyAudio user name and the quantity of each item you would like and place it in a post replying to this thread. On Dec. 6 I will start sending pm's with my paypal information and the total cost for your boards + shipping. I will place the order for boards on Dec. 13 and expect to start shipping boards out from my location in early January.

Text to copy in your reply:
username, x pairs of amp boards, x power supply boards, x pairs of bridge rectifier boards, x pairs of led mounting boards

F1/F1J Amplifier Boards $15 per pair
- 2oz Copper with ENIG construction
- green solder mask
- Hole spacing and transistor mounting per UMS specifications to work with diyAudio predrilled heatsinks
- All power trace widths maximized and two side routed
- Multiple mounting options for various types of input caps, including terminals for caps too for on board mounting
- Additional resistor locations and potentiometer added to original design for setting DC offset

Power Supply Boards $6 each
- green solder mask
- Hole spacing on 10mm pitch to match hole spacing in diyAudio "base plate"
- On board mounting of thermistors for in rush current limiting and ground lift functions

Discrete Component Bridge Rectifiers $4 per pair
- green solder mask
- Hole spacing on 10mm pitch to match hole spacing in diyAudio "base plate"

LED Front Panel Mounting Boards $1 per pair
- 1oz copper with Lead Free HASL construction
- green solder mask
- Just a convenient way to mount the front panel led's with double sided tape

The photos are the boards from the first order, and the screen captures are the slightly "improved" boards for the group buy.

Attachments

• F1 Amp PCB.jpg
    F1 Amp PCB.jpg
    931.3 KB · Views: 943
  • F1 Power Supply PCB.jpg
    F1 Power Supply PCB.jpg
    913 KB · Views: 906
  • Bridge Rectifier.jpg
    Bridge Rectifier.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 877
  • LED PCB.jpg
    LED PCB.jpg
    380.2 KB · Views: 846
  • IMG_5510.jpg
    IMG_5510.jpg
    998.3 KB · Views: 841
  • IMG_5542.jpg
    IMG_5542.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 443
  • IMG_5908.jpg
    IMG_5908.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 414
  • Overall.jpg
    Overall.jpg
    946.9 KB · Views: 452
  • F1 Amp V3,6.PNG
    F1 Amp V3,6.PNG
    136 KB · Views: 466
  • Power Supply V2,1.PNG
    Power Supply V2,1.PNG
    184.2 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
Hi Gary,

I used the parts in the BOM below. The Schottky diodes have a lower Vf for less heat generation inside the amp, and create a bit higher output voltage from the power supply (approximately .6 V). They also have a soft and fast recovery characteristic; I was curious to see if I could hear this difference - I don't think I could, but I didn't spend alot of time listening to the amp with the standard bridge rectifiers so it is hard to say for sure. Any TO-220 package diode with two leads will fit on the board. If you use a diode with higher Vf you may want to go with a taller heatsink. When I have the overall BOM for the latest version of the boards updated I will post that as well.

Attachments

• Bridge Rectifier BOM.pdf
    414 KB · Views: 189
On Dec. 6 I will start sending pm's with my paypal information and the total cost for your boards + shipping. I will place the order for boards on Dec. 13 and expect to start shipping boards out from my location in early January.

Hi Gary, thanks for checking in. I setup the group buy to be open for one month to give people a chance to see it, and decide if they would like to participate. It will be open for just over two more weeks.

I do have some rectifier boards, led mounting boards and a couple power supply boards on hand if anyone wants those sooner, but this would increase shipping cost.

Hi again csample would you put me on the list for a complete set of boards as well as two pairs of rectifier boards and two pairs lo led boards .I already have made use of those rectifier boardscyou sent .very well built.Thus would like to keep some spares for my f6 or other builds.Regards spades

Sorry should have read the whole thread properly
F1/F1J Amplifier Boards $15 per pair x1
Power Supply Boards $6 each x2
Discrete Component Bridge Rectifiers $4 per pair x3
LED Front Panel Mounting Boards $1 per pair x4
Thanks for setting up the group buy my requirements as above .Regards spades

Hi Chas, I notice this has not been moved to the GB listing, so I would like the following thanks.

1 pair F1/F1J amp pcb's at $15.00 per pair
3 pairs Discrete Component Bridge Rectifier pcb's at $4.00 per pair.

I have plenty of other PSU boards so don't require that or the LED pcb, thanks.

I assume you are keeping a tally of what has been requested so far by members here.

Kind Regards,

Gary..

jzono1, 1 pair of amp boards, 1 power supply board, 1 pairs of bridge rectifier boards, 1 pairs of led mounting boards

-----

Enough for 1 complete amp.

Thanks for doing this. I *almost* missed it... randomly got an email about replies in the F1(J) thread and here we are.

Hi jzono1, thanks for posting, you are on the list.

Thanks for doing this.

It has been fun doing the group buy and connecting with other diyAudio members, and I love my F1 so I am glad that the boards make this a more accessible build for others as well.

I *almost* missed it... randomly got an email about replies in the F1(J) thread and here we are.

I am guessing there will be a few people who will miss the date for the group buy. I will order a few extra sets of boards and hopefully this will cover it.