• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Akita "AllInOne" Amp based on TPA325x PFFB+ and LLC PSU in one board.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Neat looking design DrMordor. Do you have schematics posted somewhere? I am curious how the noise background of the SMPS looks on an FFT - do you have any measurements of the amp under load? 10w and 50w into 4ohms or 8ohms would be good baseline test cases. Also, what is the gain with PFFB and the OPA1656? Is is still intrinsic 22dB (no PFFB) and ~15dB (with PFFB installed)?

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
TPA3255EVM has them all parallel and in close proximity to each other. I've read through a few of TI's documents and have not seen any comments about this... a lot of other designs have this as well.

Yes, I see this also. Bit I have a hunch that this may be from convenience... any alternativ is really... cumbersome.... so maybe they don't want to take that step to optimise!?

I doubt that such inductor will not show a magnetic field when passing 5A.... and that a neighbour would not pick it up? But maybe the PFFB kills it?

//