• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Mark Johnson's VRDN Bipolar PS for Line Level +/-11 - 20V Circuits

Joined 2004
Paid Member
asuslover:

I suggest you reach out to madeleeuw, who is buying a bunch of the VRDN boards for redistribution in the EU.

wirewiggler:

Mark Johnson deserves all the kudos in my opinion -- absent his amazing designs and generosity, we'd have nothing. I'm hosting the group buy for its entertainment value (not for profit) and the exercise it brings -- my local post office is a twelve minute walk away and Mark's boards provide an excuse for me to go outside. In this COVID environment, chatting with a postal worker is a big part of my daily interaction with others. Kind of pathetic, no?

Regards,
Scott

Joined 2019
Paid Member
+1 but....

I attempted to manage a GB, and I have to say, it was a lot of work. It was much more than I expected. So, Scott - thank you! It's wonderful that it also provides a bit of relaxation and interaction. Not pathetic at all.

Sorry Asuslover (I also have alot of Asus products if that's what your handle implies) - I didn't notice that there was an EU redistribution I could have pointed you toward.

:cheers:
Patrick

asuslover:

I suggest you reach out to madeleeuw, who is buying a bunch of the VRDN boards for redistribution in the EU.

wirewiggler:

Mark Johnson deserves all the kudos in my opinion -- absent his amazing designs and generosity, we'd have nothing. I'm hosting the group buy for its entertainment value (not for profit) and the exercise it brings -- my local post office is a twelve minute walk away and Mark's boards provide an excuse for me to go outside. In this COVID environment, chatting with a postal worker is a big part of my daily interaction with others. Kind of pathetic, no?

Regards,

Scott
Haha same here, I deliberately let my (audio) packages deliver to a nearby shop for the walk and small talk!

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Gabe:

Done.

Folks:

The demand for Mark's VRDN boards has been surprisingly strong. I purchased a lot of them and nearly all are now reserved. Once the boards are in hand, I'll contact everyone in order. I'll provide my PayPal address and buyers will be given a brief period of time (probably 2 days) to make payment. If someone fails to pay in the allotted time, the boards reserved for that person will be released for sale to others.

Thank you in advance to everyone who is participating in this group buy.

There are still a few unreserved boards. If you've been following this thread but have not yet raised your hand, now is a good time to get off the fence.

Regards,
Scott

Joined 2011
Paid Member
... buyers will be given a brief period of time (probably 2 days) to make payment. If someone fails to pay in the allotted time, the boards reserved for that person will be released for sale to others.

That's a pretty good idea. In the Group Buys that I've run, it always amazes me that quite a number of pledged buyers, for some reason, suddenly "go dark", don't communicate, and don't pay on time. I think it's a wise plan to get the limited supply of boards into the hands of people who act like they truly want them.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Folks:

The Mark Johnson VRDN power supply boards have arrived a few days earlier than expected. If you've already sent me a PM or indicated interest in the boards on this thread, watch your in-box: I'll be sending you a PM shortly. There should be a decent number of boards left over; I'll be happy to fill additional orders on a first-come first-served basis.

Thank you in advance to everyone who is participating in this group buy!

Regards,
Scott

Attachments

• VRDN PCBs.jpg
    VRDN PCBs.jpg
    594 KB · Views: 291
Folks:

The Mark Johnson VRDN power supply boards have arrived a few days earlier than expected. If you've already sent me a PM or indicated interest in the boards on this thread, watch your in-box: I'll be sending you a PM shortly. There should be a decent number of boards left over; I'll be happy to fill additional orders on a first-come first-served basis.

Thank you in advance to everyone who is participating in this group buy!

Regards,
Scott

Payment sent! Thank you Scott!
Abe

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Folks:

Amazing. One hundred fifty VRDN pcbs arrived from JLCPCB this past Monday afternoon and now, 2.5 days later, I'm down to 5 unreserved boards. If you want some or all of 'em, speak up quick.

Kudos, once again, to Mark Johnson!

And thanks to everyone who participated in this group buy. The internet is filled with trolls and other creeps but diyAudio, in very large measure, is a remarkably civil, supportive and responsive community. It's a pleasure hanging out with all of you.

Regards,
Scott

Attachments

• VRDN PCBs (remaining).jpg
    VRDN PCBs (remaining).jpg
    721.1 KB · Views: 234
Joined 2019
Paid Member
WOW! That's fantastic news.

Thank you very much for all your effort. Hope you enjoyed your many trips to the post office.

Of course, thank you to Mark for being a consistent teacher and helping us with new and practical designs that make our lives easier and builds more fun.

:cheers: