• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Mark Johnson's VRDN Bipolar PS for Line Level +/-11 - 20V Circuits

Folks:

Would someone in Europe/UK be interested in acting as a continental distributor?

Scott,

I'm a newbie here but I'd be willing to do that. I'm located in Germany. Assuming quantity pricing is reasonable I'd be willing to buy and hold some stock for distribution from here. The volume and consolidation of shipment charges would minimize the extra cost any my bet (admittedly with no experience) is that it would still be less expensive than local small-batch production.

Best,
Mike

Scott,

I'm a newbie here but I'd be willing to do that. I'm located in Germany. Assuming quantity pricing is reasonable I'd be willing to buy and hold some stock for distribution from here. The volume and consolidation of shipment charges would minimize the extra cost any my bet (admittedly with no experience) is that it would still be less expensive than local small-batch production.

Best,
Mike
I would take four from you from a neighboring country (The Netherlands) [emoji106]

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Folks:

The order for the VRDN boards has been submitted; they should arrive at my doorstep by December 10. Mark's VRDN design is a 4-layer board and my goal was to get the best bang for the buck, so I ordered green (the cheapest color, so live with it) 1.6mm thick, ENIG-RoHS, 2 ounce copper on FR-4 TG155 boards (recommended for 4 layer pcbs). Everyone who has spoken up so far will get first dibs and I'll contact everyone in order.

Pricing shall be $5 per board, PayPal fees included. Small discounts will be offered for orders of 10 or more boards. PM me if your mailing address is outside the US; I'll work with you to best balance shipping cost vs. transit time. Domestic shipping will be a flat rate of $5 for padded mailer (cost of mailer included) or $8.30 for USPS Priority Mail small box. I suspect that no more than six boards can be jammed into a padded mailer. Tracking numbers will be provided for both the padded mailers and Priority Mail boxes. Priority Mail is insured, whereas the padded mailers are not insured and the buyer bears the risk.

If you haven't already spoken up and want boards, PM me.

None of this would have been possible without the generosity of Mark Johnson, who apparently enjoys gifting the diyAudio community with useful and very clever designs. Kudos to and many thanks, Mark!

Once the VRDN boards have been sold and all costs accounted for, a contribution on behalf of Mark and this group buy will be made to diyAudio.

Regards,
Scott

Last edited:
Scott & Mark,
Thanks for your contributions well as all the other people who have so generously shared there time effort and money to offer these DIY offerings had it not been for you I would not be able to enjoy high-end audio . I do not have the disposable income to buy the commercial audio offering and as well I building it myself gives a great understanding, and in the enjoyment.

Bill Ellis