• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

3rd group buy for Synchronous Bridge aka Ideal Bridge

I was lately very quiet designing pcb for a small and very compact high voltage regulator that offer very good performance.
Pcb size 20m x 30mm.
Called Zeno HVR will be able to perform from 550Vdc input all the way down to few volts.
Output voltage can be set by 3 series resistors.
Current output can be limited by a single resistor and by default I'll limit to 100mA. However, the regulator may deliver up to 1A if Vin - Vout is under 50Vdc.
For example if Vin=350Vdc and Vout=300Vdc, than you may push the regulator to 1A. An adequate dimensioned heatsink for mosfet transistor must be installed.
More info, schematic, will come after I'll receive smd parts and pcb boards.
The final intention is that together with Saligny HVHF, to offer a very compact, high performance, regulator. For this another PCB is under design.

Full kit. Estimated price 25euro.
Full mounted and tested. Estimated price 30euro.

Regards,
Tibi

Attachments

• Zeno HVR.jpg
    Zeno HVR.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 503
As some of you have noticed a Saligny HVHF MKII appeared on social media. This is an improved design that address few issues on high voltage operation, better layout and some cool mosfets. MKII this is only for high voltage > 150Vac.

GB list is still open and will start to collect money at the beginning of January 2021.

In the mean time, a complete high voltage power supply was designed. This take the advantage of Saligny HVHF and can be used with a normal diode bridge as well.

Happy new year 2021 to all diyaudio members !!!
:wave2:

Tibi

Attachments

• HVR.jpg
    HVR.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 431
I'm not in hurry to take your money.
Just kidding. :-D
I would like to start collecting payments, but postal office has closed many international routes due COVID-19 restriction at destination. UK route was reopened just few days ago.

Those who are interested in this GB, please mail me:
- shipping address
- mobile phone number (this is needed in case your parcel get lost)
- paypal address

I'll start to issue invoices.

Regards,
Tibi

Hi Bas,

If you are referring to high voltage regulator, this was designed for max 550Vdc input, any voltage output. Voltage output is set by 3 series resistors (if output voltage is low, can be set by only one resistor). Max. current can be set up to 1A, with one resistor, taking special care on power dissipated over power transistor. For example: 350Vdc input, 330Vdc output at 1A, will dissipate over mosfet ~20W, which is doable as long you have a large heatsink or a ventilated one. You get the point.:)

I have designed a PCB that include bridge and filter capacitors. This will arrive this week.
The small high voltage regulator will be ready mounted and tested @ ~30euro.

Regards,
Tibi

Just finished to test Saligny HVHF MKII and I'm very happy with it's performance.
If you are interested and your application is at > 200Vac, please mention MKII in GB list.
Regards,
Tibi

Attachments

• SalignyMKII_1.jpeg
    SalignyMKII_1.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 459
  • SalignyMKII_2.jpeg
    SalignyMKII_2.jpeg
    134.6 KB · Views: 455
Thank you as well !
Looking forward for your feedback.

Attached is a picture with two Saligny HVHF installed in my Quasar smsp, one on input working at 220Vac@50Hz and one at output working at 150vac@50.000Hz, full wave, centre tapped.
The sound difference is amazing. Highs are extremely clean, midrange is flowing and of course no more heat from output Schottky diodes.
I was thinking to change my MC cartridge. Seems is no need, at least for now. :D

Regards,
Tibi

Attachments

• 33.jpeg
    33.jpeg
    239.8 KB · Views: 374
  • 22.jpeg
    22.jpeg
    274 KB · Views: 331