• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

miro1360 AD1862 DAC PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
I've already built 2 of these but am in for a board, please.

I may also have chips from Rochester, will post when/if they're here...

@Paddy Garcia, I also tried Rochester, but they want me to send them all sorts of paperwork (for export etc.)
If you already dealt with it and are willing to share the chips you don’t need, let me know so I’ll cancel my order.
Thanks!
Lucho

@Paddy Garcia, I also tried Rochester, but they want me to send them all sorts of paperwork (for export etc.)
If you already dealt with it and are willing to share the chips you don’t need, let me know so I’ll cancel my order.
Thanks!
Lucho

They took my money but I've not seen any signs of shipment yet, I'll definitely let you know when/if it happens.

I just had a look at my cyrus DAC and took a picture of the analog section for reference in case anybody is interested how genuine but old AD1862s look like, see attached picture. I also checked the pair of AD1862s I have from Ebay seller "hifi-szjxic" under the loupe: they are desoldered, the legs are sanded but still show some remaining solder. The TO220s are 317/337 regulators. I have seen other revisions of this board with BB opamps at the outputs, this one has AD846s on small daughter cards. The printing on both AD846s look very different, so I guess AD1862s also can look different...

Attachments

• mission cyrus dacmaster PCB analog.jpg
    mission cyrus dacmaster PCB analog.jpg
    729.2 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Hi,

Moq from Rochester is 5 units and we know a guy from USA few thread above that needs a single chip, so you just need an other guy for the two others units or better keep the two other units you never have a problem to sold in the future as ad1862 is one of the two best pcm chips ever made (and the other is not 100% pcm : tda1541A)
Be aware that Rochester is exxpensive in CE (pardon : in GB as well) because both the customs taxes of Rochester and the shipper (Fedex, etc) : adds a little more cause custom taxes of shipper as well; from memory 2/5to 3/5 of the Rochester price w/o VAT shown..

The PCB is very cheap at the adress we talked about and the shipment in your mailbox frm Shenzen will be less than 15 days : mean that you an rule a mini GB for both a board and two chips for others in Europe.

It is sounding very good. The chip is sota and the board is well born.
Mine is still not showed cause my average time is one years to 3 years for optimisation on little details to tailor for my system and mainly I think a picture is not mandatory for motivation.

For me this board is one of the few true free DAC diy project shown those years and diserve a try to understand a good pcm dac when optimised is a bargain because the chips before delta sigma were very well made-to short a long story-, they need no expensive clocks to sound good, resolution at RedBook is still above what most of speakers & amps can do in noise floor and dynamic. Previous Redbook recordings in AAD took from the studio tapes are better than todays loudness war takes and mainly it's still avaliable.
Most of your materials guys are 16/44, sometimes 20/48 or 20/98... Most don't need more, most of the time the rest of the system limits the noise floor the resolution of the 24/192 and more todays DACs. The great advantage again is you can work on the powersupply topology that will you more subjective dynamic feeling (here I don't talk about the noise floor but about the dynamic comon sense aka punch feeling, bass behavior.

Just one dream : please Miro, do us a version with separate I/V and buffer to go even further :) ! But frankly, this is one is good enough for 80% of the high end systems imho :cool:. I just ask cause I'm a fan of the AD1862 - & TDA1541A chips, so my expectations are huge and in the diminishing returns-

Well it's not a picture but at least a testimonial :p

Edit : are you all crazy guys to let that great opportunity to get true chips at Rochester going away :mad:

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.