• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Genuine Toshiba 2sk170 BL - Matched Octet

TL,DR: matched octet of 2sk170 BL grade Transistors - € 50,- each octet + shipping costs - 30 slots available - GB closes on Sept. 30th. (or when 30 sets are gone) - items will be shipped between November and December

ships to U.S.A. and Canada using seaways, will take 30day plus, but is tracked, signed for and insured

Hey everyone,

the last group buy went pretty good, maybe too good because i did not have enough devices left after i shipped all the octets. Thats the main reason for the second round of this group buy. Some things will be different then last time. I will match 30 octets out of 600 devices, so matching will be tighter then before.

I will buy the stuff from the last known source for original Toshiba 2sk170 parts in sealed bags of 200 pieces in the whole wide world.
Buying in the US does come with some downsides. I will have to pay import tax and customs fees. Thats why the cost for a tight matched set of 8 transistors will be € 50,- plus shipping.

As I am located in Germany, shipping costs will be cheaper if you live in the EU rather then the US. I want to avoid shipping overseas due to corona troubles (US, NZ, AU) but i will do it at your own risk (international letter, tracked and signed for, no insurance possible, € 8,50).
Shipping costs for Europe are € 8,50 (DHL small parcel XS, tracked, signed for, insurance up to a worth of € 50,-)

I will buy three sealed bags of 200 transistors each and match them for Idss and Vp using this method.

I use to sort the values using a spreadsheet to get the best possible sets of matched jfets. I have some experience with this method and I know that it will produce reliable results.

When all 30 slots are gone I will ask you for payment. After payment i will order the transistors. It will take 10 to 14 days for them to reach me and some free weekends for me to match all those devices. After matching, all orders will be shipped as soon as possible.

You will get 2sk170 from the BL Range – so Idss could vary between 6 mA and 12 mA. But if you give me a hint which Idss range you need I will try to solve it.

Any questions: please ask.
Add your name to the group buy like this:

NAME QTY COUNTRY
AddiDub 1 Germany

Attachments

• matching-jig.png
    matching-jig.png
    83.3 KB · Views: 1,664
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 1,669
Last edited:
Hey Alchamist,

i am located in Hamburg. I prefer PayPal but if you want to pick up your transistors you could pay cash oft course. What would be your prefered method of payment?

I will be in Germany for while week but its not seems to possible to see you. When we will send payment to you ?

Pistollero 1 octet - Portugal
badrisuper 1 octet - Netherlands
xbitwise 1 octet - Germany
gig 1 octet - Italy
dieter12 2 octet - Germany

Alchamist 2 octet - Italy

Update: we don't have 15 or 30 participants in this group buy yet and not much thread traffic during the last days. Now we have different choices:

1) End Group buy now, match 9 octets with a sample size of 200 transistors instead of 600 transistors.
From my last group buy i know that this is possible, but in some cases we will rather gain two tight quads then a real tight octet. My definition of a tight match is 0.1mA Idss with nearly same Vgs (off).

2) wait some more time until at least 20 sets are sold to enlarge the sample size to 400 devices

Tell me what you think :)

Thanks for your opinion Alchamist. I would prefer to wait too.

G600 you can join our group buy in the "normal" way. If you only need two quads (maybe with different Idss) and not a tight octet i can make it happen.

Real "rejects" will be used by me in circuits where matching doesnt matter. People who ordered one octet could also add some quads or pairs for a little better price.