• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

XRK RTR TPA3255 Reference class D Amp GB2

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
The amp is assembled (pick and place machine) by a custom PCB fabrication shop in the US using genuine Mouser BOM. It’s tested by the assembly house. Then tested again by myself and then shipped. It has the PFFB upgrade that’s not commercially available elsewhere (as far as I know). The layout is superb and the sound is exceptionally clear and powerful. It beats even the TI factory implementation for the PFFB.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I will throw in your choice of either TH or SMT version of the BTSB Buffer PCB for free if you buy the RTR TPA3255 amp. It’s really designed for it and allows you to drive it from usual sources like a DAC, streaming hub, Amazon Alexa, smartphone etc, and also any gear with balanced out and your choice of switchable 0dB, 6dB, 14dB, and 20dB gain.

BTSB Buffer - SE/Bal to SE/Bal Buffer GB

866132d1596691949-btsb-buffer-se-bal-se-bal-buffer-gb-btsbv1-2-verification-jpg

But what does the finished product look like? the amplifier has no volume knob and rca inputs to connect Dacs and various devices? can drive focal chorus 726 speakers? how many watts does it have in rms, unfortunately I understand little of technical things, I have a simple TPA3255 AIYIMA A07 with a separate DC 48V 7.3A power supply and it feels really good.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
It’s a DIY amp - you provide the case, the connectors etc. The GB is for a RTR built and tested amp module only.

Look at post 10 to get an idea of what you could make it look like. The case shown here is a standard HiFi2000 model and Redjr is providing the CAD files to get the front and rear panels made just like shown in the photos.

XRK RTR TPA3255 Reference class D Amp GB2

Last edited:
Got it, but I need an amplifier with the knob to adjust the volume and two RCA inputs on the back, an RCA input to connect the DAC DSD and an RCA input to connect the CD player, and then I want the sound to be much better than the TPA3255 AIYIMA A07 and that it has more power. and then to send it to Italy how much would it cost me? but I don't want to pay customs, in short, how much would an amplifier like this cost me?

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
You said nothing wrong :)

It just seems to me that your requirements are tending more toward a finished product rather than something that needs considerable diy input to bring to your own specification.

Total costs are something you yourself will have to look into.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Got it, but I need an amplifier with the knob to adjust the volume and two RCA inputs on the back, an RCA input to connect the DAC DSD and an RCA input to connect the CD player, and then I want the sound to be much better than the TPA3255 AIYIMA A07 and that it has more power. and then to send it to Italy how much would it cost me? but I don't want to pay customs, in short, how much would an amplifier like this cost me?

If you want a custom built amp with a case and ready to be plugged in, someone on DIYA might be able to build it for you. Price of just the parts (amp, PSU, buffer, jacks knobs and hardwwre) is going to be around $600 - $800 depending on how nice of a case. Shipping is in the $200 range. Labor depends on person you ask. Your buddy might do it for free and someone else might be a lot more like $1000. ;)

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I have been getting a few pings lately in my Etsy shop by folks indicating interest in this amp as RTR production. Hopefully more people will sign up soon.

Just a reminder that the amp will be made in California, USA, using all high quality genuine parts from Mouser BOM. Also, the only commercial TPA3255 to offer PFFB, to my knowledge.

And it sounds amazing. It is the quietest amp that I have.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I know that it was a long, long road from first design to actual ready to ship production units. There were 3 board spins and a few errors along the way, supply chain issues etc that had to get fixed. This is now a proven design and just a build to print run of more units by same firm that made the first run. There are a lot of things to work out for production ready boards.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
From Post 1:
The amp will be manufactured using 2mm thick pcb’s and 2oz copper and ENIG finish. Amp modules will be fully tested and come with a set of Molex connectors for audio in, speaker out, and PSU in. Pricing of the amp will be $277 each.

Boards will be stereo only BTL. If you wish to have a mono PBTL, you can modify the programming 0R resistor jumpers on the underside yourself. I can give you instructions on how to do it. But it is too dificult to get a production run made with different specifications, which is why I settled on stereo BTL as it is the most popular option.