• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB#2: Folsom EC7293: PVI Powered Frontend Amplifier, 60/120w 8/4ohm, 0.0005% THD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
When it initially went out and was humming through the variac, it definitely seemed to have a short. I replaced stuff and thought I got it. More doubtful now. I think I will rebuild the board to be sure. No biggie. Wish i knew if it was a cold solder joint or failed part, etc. When I replaced the 10K resistors I felt like I could have damaged the board while desoldering. I'll confirm orientation of the diodes as well. I'll go ahead and order parts. Can you confirm if any PS parts are changed using the 3525 t/f for dual mono?

I really appreciate your help
Jeff

When it initially went out and was humming through the variac, it definitely seemed to have a short. I replaced stuff and thought I got it. More doubtful now. I think I will rebuild the board to be sure. No biggie. Wish i knew if it was a cold solder joint or failed part, etc. When I replaced the 10K resistors I felt like I could have damaged the board while desoldering. I'll confirm orientation of the diodes as well. I'll go ahead and order parts. Can you confirm if any PS parts are changed using the 3525 t/f for dual mono?

I really appreciate your help
Jeff

Boards arrived, no problem!

Could you indicate where can I find the "build guide" and BOM - I see the boards have been designed for specific components so don't want to try substitutions

I think all the details for the Mains Line Filter are in that thread so resisted using different components there too

Patience, grasshopper ….

I've been pestering Jeremy with questions and thought maybe it'd be better to post them here to see if anyone else has come across the same/similar queries

I found those 4 electro caps (marked 80V) are all in parallel between the V+ and V- terminals and have no connection to the PG - so this means I could replace all 4 of these with a single 6800 or 10,000uF/100v cap with short connecting wires and just mount it above the pcb with a support clip, yes?

Same thing for the 2 X 50v marked caps?

The suggested transformer secondary windings are 25vac to give rail voltages about +/- 33v dc - if 30v ac sec => +/- 40v, so will need to increase 80v caps to 100 v caps?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.