• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Accusilicon AS318 Ultra Low Jitter Clock GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
In order to avoid postage disputes and the convenience of calculating the cost, the postage sent to the world is fixed at US$20. For the part exceeding 20 dollars, I will bear the excess part by myself.

At the same time, the Paypal fee is also paid by me.

Therefore, my profit is kept extremely low, as long as I don't lose money, it is purely to serve everyone.

I did try that oscillator with a very jitter-critical ADC clock, and found it just Ok. For instance, Epcos SG-210STF has ADC noise a bit less than 20x times more expensive Accusilicon. I have no equipment to measure the phase-noise but ES9822 ADC SNR very sensitive for a jitter, so I got the best SNR with Epcos SG-210STF, Accusilicon the second, and NDK NZ2520SD the worst of 3. Actually, NZ2520SD looks like a bit better than Chinese noname oscillator, and worse than mems SiT devices. BTW, inside of the DIP Accusilicon I found 2520 SMD, see attached.

Hi
This looks like a ndk nz2520sd or sda made on a pcb and installed a sealed housing.

Are you able to take a closeup pic of the osc inside so we Can see the text on the top?
Br
Caad

Thank Tubee,

I will deliver it soon!

48A747B3-14D9-46DC-9B5B-CD7A9FA3877B.jpeg

Last edited:
I did try that oscillator with a very jitter-critical ADC clock, and found it just Ok. For instance, Epcos SG-210STF has ADC noise a bit less than 20x times more expensive Accusilicon. I have no equipment to measure the phase-noise but ES9822 ADC SNR very sensitive for a jitter, so I got the best SNR with Epcos SG-210STF, Accusilicon the second, and NDK NZ2520SD the worst of 3. Actually, NZ2520SD looks like a bit better than Chinese noname oscillator, and worse than mems SiT devices. BTW, inside of the DIP Accusilicon I found 2520 SMD, see attached.

Hey IVX~I 've been searching for the AS138-B in 2520 case for sooo long, can you do me a favor? just take a close shot on the 2520 and shows the marking. Thx for help!!!

Hi Sven257,

Manufacturer's reply: In China, AS509 is currently only used by two factories, so it is unlikely to provide samples. If you really want to pay for samples, you must first provide the identity of the demander, and it has been confirmed that it is a factory capable of bulk purchase.

Hey IVX~I 've been searching for the AS138-B in 2520 case for sooo long, can you do me a favor? just take a close shot on the 2520 and shows the marking. Thx for help!!!

AS318 2520 is actually not retail, so if you can buy it, it will be very strange. AS318 2520 only accepts a large number of orders from the factory, and the factory is unlikely to resell it because it does not cover the cost.

I will only place bulk orders for AS318-B, and I can do retail. The retail demand of AS318 2520 is too small. Just imagine, how many have the ability to manually solder such a small chip?

Do you really think it's a "extremely low phase noise crystal oscillator"?

It's not.

The Well Tempered Master Clock - Building a low phase noise/jitter crystal oscillator

You always have the same doubts in many places, but since you make a clock signal generator, you must have an instrument that can measure AS318-B. I can send you a test for free, and you will publish the actual measured data, let the objective data speak, instead of you unilaterally saying useless words.

We should all know that the larger the size of the component, the better the quality of the component will be. This is to be expected what when you use a huge circuit board to implement a clock signal generator and you can get better results than AS318-B. Once again, you try to use the same volume as AS318-b to implement the clock, and see if it can surpass AS318-B?

There are no doubts, the phase noise of the AS318-B is in the region of the Crystek.
The phase noise plots (measured with the Agilent E5052A) have been published in the datasheet and they are clear.

You are confusing cheap standard oscillators with SOTA oscillators, I have already explained the difference in post #15
Accusilicon AS318 Ultra Low Jitter Clock GB

Just compare the phase noise plot of the Accusilicon against SOTA oscillators to understand the difference, it's not so difficult.
That's the reason why the Accusilicon costs 20 USD and SOTA oscillators cost several thousands of dollars.

The retail demand of AS318 2520 is too small. Just imagine, how many have the ability to manually solder such a small chip?

That's a valid point. Though there are different retail sellers of NDK SD / SDA 2520 devices..
Also, now I understand why Topping, SMSL, Gustard etc are using the AS318-B large can oscillators (with the 2520 smd chip hidden inside).....
They can not solder the 2520 chips!! :D:D

According to human ear testing, AS318-B is even better than cchd 957.
Supersurfer once compared crystek cchd 957, accusilicon as318-b and Andrea Mori, he found that accusilicon as318-b was second best.

The Well Tempered Master Clock - Building a low phase noise/jitter crystal oscillator

But AS318-B is much cheaper than cchd 957 or Andrea Mori. For DIYer, price and performance are always the most critical.

If your stuff is really so good, why hasn't your product been sold all over the world and completely knocked down Accusilicon AS318B? Why is the sales volume of Accusilicon AS318B so large? The point is the price you mentioned!

For the oscillator under $20, Accusilicon AS318B is the "extremely low phase noise crystal oscillator". This is a terrible thing, because in many mass-produced audio equipment, even if the equipment is priced at 3,000 US dollars, only the oscillator under 10 US dollars will be used. This is why the sales volume of Accusilicon AS318-B is huge, but yours is not.

If AS318-B is not in competition with your clock, why is it always being compared? And you always like to hit AS318-B? The most interesting thing is that the price difference is so huge that you are embarrassed to compare? If the quantity is large enough , AS318-B price will be further reduced to 10 dollars, which will cause a fatal blow to you. But I don't want to sacrifice my interests, just to hurt your business. Maybe at some time, I will push it down to 10 dollars in a certain period of time. Stay tuned.

I suggest that you do not attack others by doing business, because I can easily make your business worse through price. Consumers have little loyalty.

That's a valid point. Though there are different retail sellers of NDK SD / SDA 2520 devices..
Also, now I understand why Topping, SMSL, Gustard etc are using the AS318-B large can oscillators (with the 2520 smd chip hidden inside).....
They can not solder the 2520 chips!! :D:D

Have you heard of SMT? The factory needs to solder SMD components by hand?
:D:D

AS318-B is with the 2520 smd chip hidden inside????According to your logic, the expensive NDK DuCULoN is also with the 2520 smd chip hidden inside? The products produced by the same company naturally use the same technology, but the material and structure costs are different.

So what do you want to express?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.