• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ideal Bridge second GB

BSS123 is not the right choice here.

Of course not, i only used the transistor types for the footprints. It's still only a rough draft.

Practical HV mosfets would be BSS127/dmn60h080ds for X10-X40 and STB24N60M6/ixfh26n60q/sihj240n60e/sihd240n60e for M1-M4.

The regulator is easy, as there is only a single one that works at 450v and only at 50-60Hz as the 1170 takes a lot more current at higher frequencies.

A small reminder when using with a typical valve center tapped transformer: the max output voltage drops by half. So much for my hopes to replace all the mercury rectifiers :) Certainly not an issue with new designs which don't use a center tapped transformer.

Of course not, i only used the transistor types for the footprints. It's still only a rough draft.

Practical HV mosfets would be BSS127/dmn60h080ds for X10-X40 and STB24N60M6/ixfh26n60q/sihj240n60e/sihd240n60e for M1-M4.

The regulator is easy, as there is only a single one that works at 450v and only at 50-60Hz as the 1170 takes a lot more current at higher frequencies.

A small reminder when using with a typical valve center tapped transformer: the max output voltage drops by half. So much for my hopes to replace all the mercury rectifiers :) Certainly not an issue with new designs which don't use a center tapped transformer.

Than you "decoded" most of my work. :D
Looking forward to see your implementation.

Regards,
Tibi

Than you "decoded" most of my work. :D
Looking forward to see your implementation.

I would never have thought of such an obscure part like the 1170 without the information you shared. Not in a hundred years. Once the part is known, finding out how to use it is not that hard.

Sadly, it appears very hard to incorporate it in my existing projects as they all use choke input supplies with center tapped transformers and low dcr chokes. And relatively high voltages. I need new transformers in order to try the synchronous bridges out. Cannot see this happening any time soon.

Yes, I already started to send invoices.
It took me some time to double check shipping and VAT to UK. So I want to make sure that UK will operate as is in UE till December 2020.

Thank you for your patience !
Many Saligny Standard orders will be shipped next week.
New boards for Saligny HVHF are somewhere in Germany and will arrive soon.

Regards,
Tibi

Thank you, Gábor !

If the tubers are looking for such dual diode, to replace a double diode tube rectifier, than I may easily design one.
Write down your desired specs.

Ideal Diode mentioned on the website is to be used in solar panels and robotics.
This is able to withstand 100A with as little of 70mV drop off.

Regards,
Tibi

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    103.1 KB · Views: 260
Hi Tibi. Not being an electronics expert I got a bit confused a while back with the various posts about centre tapped tranformers. Will your Saligny HV work in the power supply arrangement attached below? I think it'll be fine but thought I would check.

Assuming so, and if it isn't too late, can I amend my GB order for 1 * Saligny HV to increase the AC voltage to suit the schematic (240VAC).

Sorry to be a nuisance but I decided to build something different to my original plan.

Thanks

Attachments

• PSU Schematic.JPG
    PSU Schematic.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 229
If the tubers are looking for such dual diode, to replace a double diode tube rectifier, than I may easily design one.

As mentioned previously I think this presents some serious issues.

Typically, centre tapped transformers with an output voltage of up to 400v per tap are used. Or 800v at the diodes anodes.

In case of a choke input supply the input circuit needs to deal with a kV+ initial voltage spike as well.

Gave up. Too much of a challenge for me.

As I'm getting older (51 :D ), I like challenges more and more, this make me feel still young. :)
I'm in.

On other hand, after Saligny HVHF you need to have a capacitor, at least 47uF, in order to ensure stability of internal regulators. Together with LC filter this will form a CLC. I'm using one right now in His Master's Noise phono PS.

Regards,
Tibi