• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Bigbottle MultiFET PCB GB

Hi all,

As most of you involved with the BB3 GB will already know, there was an attempt recently by Alan and I, to reduce background noise. We have achieved this by creating the MultiFET boards.

The MultiFET boards consist of 4x BF861B JFETS & 4x 180R resistors and we can see (to the best of our ability) a drop of around 3db of noise while maintaining around 60-62db of gain.

I said that i would make these available to anyone who has participated in the BB3 GB recently, so this thread is to see if there is any interest from the participants. If there is, i will create a Google sheet and work out how much they should cost.

I would prefer to send these fully built as they use 0603 size resistors, which are ridiculously small.

So, if you are interested, just leave a note here and i will see if there is any point doing a GB

Thanks

Hi all,

As stated, here is the google sheet for the Group buy.

MultiFET GB - Google Sheets

The Price and payment instructions are on the sheet.

I really wanted to do them a bit cheaper but the fact each pair take 8 Jfets, and on average i need 20 fets per pair to be able to match them closely enough, has pushed the price up a bit. My estimation of how many fets will be needed vs how many matches i will get from that number (if that makes sense) is based on how it has worked out so far with the prototypes.

Thanks,

Oliver