• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Bigbottle MultiFET PCB GB

I have made a little change to the Google sheet to request postage addresses via PM as i realised there isnt enough room for everyones on the sheet.

I have ordered enough PCB's to upgrade 20 Phonostage boards, so feel free to start throwing money at me for the purchase of fets and resistors! lol

Payment details are on the Google sheet.

A pair of freshly made MultiFET boards 20200603_160808.jpg

Oliver, in retrospect if you're asking 10 GBP more for populated, then that is the way I'll go. I will need two pairs as well - 4 boards. What will the total be for postage to South Africa since they will be in one envelope? If you can PM me please.
Kevin

Last edited:
GHentlemen,

Just a word of advice,

I have just done the "procedure" to replace the single FET with the MultiFET board and i recommend taking it very slowly around the through holes. I had the slightest bit of solder causing a short. (Thanks for the tip @Vivant)

I removed it by very gently scraping between the holes with a Stanley blade. VERY GENTLY

A small tip for your soldering iron is a must and decent solder sucker!

UPDATE

DHL are quoting delivery of the MultiFET PCBs will be made on 09 June 2020

I have measured and matched just over 100 BF861B JFETs this afternoon in preparation. My Hopes are that i can get this on the way to you guys by the end of week, if things go to plan.

I will update you all on this thread.

There are 2 spots left if anyone wants to join the party.

Installing the MultiFET PCBs.

***If you have the original 1 JFET per channel fitted, it must be removed. R7L and R7R should be replaced by a link. Any piece of wire will do the job as long as it fits the through holes***

DSG (Drain, Source, Gate) are marked on the MultiFET board. Make sure you have them the right way round.

Option 1

You can install the MultiFET board into the three through holes on the BB3 PCB, right next to the SMD solder pads *IF* you have some really small gauge solder and a super fine solder tip. If you dont, i do not recommend this method. The holes are very close together and is magnificently easy to accidentally cause a short.

Option 2

This is far more beginner friendly.

Make three legs out of wire and put a 90deg bend at one end. Solder them to the pads where your original fet was. You can then solder the MultiFET board to the legs with relative ease.

I will add a few pictures when i add the MultiFET boards to a BB3 PCB.