• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB Group Buy Salas UltraFSP RIAA

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I guess this should've been understood from the beginning:

What are the different colors in the BOM? :confused:

This was mostly for my own bagging purposes. Things in a particular bag are going to be in a same colored package. It may help you to review the parts, and what bag they may be in.

As I stated before, try to dump a package of things into a small container so tiny parts do not roll off table/bench.

Joined 2017
Paid Member
This was mostly for my own bagging purposes. Things in a particular bag are going to be in a same colored package. It may help you to review the parts, and what bag they may be in.

As I stated before, try to dump a package of things into a small container so tiny parts do not roll off table/bench.

Ah, this makes sense!

Yup, I read this and will follow the advice!
I realized it is good to take a lot of time to build when I was on (in?) the mesmerize...

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Folks:

I just posted a brief write-up and a few photos on the main FSP thread and wanted to leave a teaser here. Here's the gist: Salas' UFSP is stellar and Salas and Tea-Bag should be given a standing ovation for their generosity to the diyAudio community.

That's it.

Regards,
Scott

Attachments

• UFSP (overhead).JPG
    UFSP (overhead).JPG
    902 KB · Views: 367
Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2017
Paid Member
The last parts, C3 C4, arrived.
I unsuccessfully tried to get some „technical“ information about what to use there, but this seems a difficult task.
So I took both extreme paths and ordered some clarity CMR as well as some nonamers.

I‘m looking forward to actually hear a difference, but must build that beast first [emoji41]...

Would it make sense to actually record something with these different caps? (Since the ultrafsp is stellar, it seems to me that this would be one of the best places to try to record a good piece of music for A/B comparisons, in the hope that the CMR will reveal the music...