• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: Round #6; Fo-Felix AC Filter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This leads to the next question: I typically power my audio gear from 240VAC outlets, using dropping ransformers connected to the outlets. The distribution box I described above would connect to the secondary of one of these dropping transformers. Since the current boards have capacitors only on one side of the CMC should you 'aim' the side with the capacitors toward the potential source of noise? In this case that would be toward the gear that is being powered, particularly items likely to produce switching noise.

I'm assuming that the dropping transformers likely isolate common mode noise fairly well.

Thanks

The transformer will help isolate noise from up the chain (your house). The Fo-Felix can do it between your pieces of equipment. You can "aim" the capacitors either way, and see if you get better results one way or the other. In your case it does make some sense to aim them at the equipment.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.