• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FH9HVX - Budget Conscious 100w Class AB for Lean Times

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Here is the MPSA92 datasheet; please notice that its pinout is (1=E) , (2=B) , (3=C) .

Most of the 2SAnnnn transistors that I've seen, have a different pinout: (1=E) , (2=C) , (3=B). So be very careful about that.

When you are browsing through the datasheets of your 2SA transistors, you'll be looking for (a) Vce_max >= 300 volts ; (b) fT >= 50 MHz. Those are the most important features of the MPSA92 in my opinion.

edit- and I guess I should mention that Tayda (in Thailand) sells them very inexpensively. Why not buy 250 of them and 250 of their NPN brothers, for your parts stash?

MPSA92 PNP High Voltage Transistor 0.5A 300V

MPSA42 NPN High Voltage Transistor 0.5A 300V

_

Attachments

• MPSA92_TH.pdf
    104.8 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Here is the MPSA92 datasheet; please notice that its pinout is (1=E) , (2=B) , (3=C) .

Most of the 2SAnnnn transistors that I've seen, have a different pinout: (1=E) , (2=C) , (3=B). So be very careful about that.

When you are browsing through the datasheets of your 2SA transistors, you'll be looking for (a) Vce_max >= 300 volts ; (b) fT >= 50 MHz. Those are the most important features of the MPSA92 in my opinion.

edit- and I guess I should mention that Tayda (in Thailand) sells them very inexpensively. Why not buy 250 of them and 250 of their NPN brothers, for your parts stash?

MPSA92 PNP High Voltage Transistor 0.5A 300V

MPSA42 NPN High Voltage Transistor 0.5A 300V

_

This really helps.

Thank you Mark

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi X or others,

More progress on Mouser BOM. Can you tell me about the X115, X116 connections.Not sure what I should be looking for. Does one have to use a ribbon connector?. Is an image of the part available for guidance?.

Also are X121 and X124 just a 2 position Molex type connection?

All help appreciated,

MM

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Myles,
X115/116 are optional solid wire jumpers if you don’t want a CRC and a CC PSU. A Faston spade can work as a jumper there as well. The other ones are indeed Molex KK 2pin. No ribbons needed just use Molex KK crimp pins on circa 22ga to 24ga wire.

850136d1591375406-fh9hvx-budget-conscious-100w-class-ab-lean-times-cees-psu-schematic-v001-jpg

Got to post 247 for more info:
850135d1591375406-fh9hvx-budget-conscious-100w-class-ab-lean-times-cees-psu-3d-render-v001-jpg

Last edited:
Hi X, it is not your fault for the delays in international postage. Only yesterday, I received a large envelope with a few components sent from LA by USPS Priority International - and that took 41 days to get here across the Pacific.

Highlights the fact that there are only a couple of planes flying a week and many parcels to here are going via Tokyo from the US.

Yours has caught up with mine astromo - although mine was just updated to "manifested for outbound transportation" on the 15th at Elk Grove Village. Waiting to see where it might make it to next.

Will finally make it here at some point. Gives you plenty of time to source components and think about the enclosure and build.